Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket contest

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Zoo keeper
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Gisepie the l4 giant rainforest mantis

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Zoo keeper.

Zoodulcis

Is he one of 14? Are you a breeder?

Zoo keeper
        Participant

L 4 is his instar stage. I am however a breeder I currently have 30 ghost mantis nymphs and 2 Chinese mantis juveniles up for grabs !

Zoodulcis

Oh got it. What got you interested in mantis breeding and do you have a website?

Zoo keeper
          Participant

I just think they are so cool ! And you can find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/chelseyscraftycritters/

Zoodulcis

They are cool. I would have some but they don’t live very long and that would make me too sad. Still, I might try to get over it and indulge in some orchid or leaf types one day.

ivy
      Participant

do you feed the mantis crickets?

Zoo keeper
        Participant

Yes crickets, dubia, fruit flies( if they are just babies ) , meal worms they love it all ! Crickets are mt go to staple

Zoodulcis

I bet it’s fun to watch them hunt and feed. How many crickets per week does each mantis consume?

Zoo keeper
          Participant

It depends on how hungry they are they can go threw 4and 5 crickets per meal and they eat several times a week

Autumn Parsons
      Participant

Awesome!! I love the giant rainforest!! I haven’t found any nymphs lately. I currently have spiny, giant asian, ghosts, caffra, a Brunner ooth, ghost. And gemmatus ooth baking. It started as a simple hobby and it took over!!

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});