Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Rocket LOVES crickets

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Alison Welborn
      Participant
      Rocket LOVES crickets

Meet Rocket he/she is my daughter’s baby beardie and she absolutely adores it. She had an iguana before, which ended up getting lost 😭. Baby rocket has the best personality. Super chill and loves taking naps with his mommy. Any advice on how to get it to eat veggies is greatly appreciated, but he’ll never turn down a cricket!

Zoodulcis

She is too young to be concerned about veggies right now. Give it another month and then offer her strawberries or raspberries. You may have to experiment with different foods to find the right combo. For now, while she is growing, she needs well-supplemented insects all the time. Gut load them with greens as well as meal to help with nutrition in that regard. Dust with calcium D3 powder every day for the next several weeks and then back off to every other feeding.

Alison Welborn
        Participant

Well hi there again! I appreciate the advice, we don’t have much choice right now as all he’ll eat is his crickets and meal worms, sometimes he’ll cat h a bit of his greens in with the worms. I do have one concern though, everything I read online says they should be eating like 30-80 crickets a day!? We’ve hade a max of 20 a day, once. Most days only a few in morning and a few in the evening.

Zoodulcis

OK she is a picky eater, a little bit. The next thing to try is feeding her fewer prey items more often. For the next month, prey items should be offered three to four times daily. Super inconvenient, I know, but this phase won’t last forever.

Alison Welborn
          Participant

I’ll give it a shot! She’s worth it all 😊

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});