Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Mushu love – Cricket Contest

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

ckaywilcox
      Participant
      Mushu love – Cricket Contest

Mushu is about 5-6 months old and has been the best pet ever! So much personality and so much love.

ckaywilcox
      Participant

Everyone needs a hand these days…

Dayan Miller
      Participant

Wow your beardi is about the same size as mine they have the same body type lol mine is also about 5-6 months old

dakoda06
      Participant

my bearded dragon is about the same age but way smaller. i have heat lamps uvb lights. thermometers. i feed him well. looks like the same type as yours. could you tell me what you feed him and how you treat him on a regular day basis. i want to know what im doing wrong.

Dayan Miller
        Participant

Was this question for me? If it is I feed her 40-50 crickets a day I also feed her collard greens turnip greens asperagus I make her a salad and eats everything her lighting setup: is a 150 watt basking bulb due to her large tank of course a 75 gal her uvb is an arcadia t5 12% about 12-14 inches away from her I also have an IR gun to check temps are around 105-108 here she is lol I also give her calcium around 4-5 times a week

ckaywilcox
        Participant

I have a 150 watt bulb in day and a UV bulb as well. He sleeps in the dark as our house temp seems to be fine. No infrared at this time. We feed him collard greens which is his favorite once to twice a day and I let him feed on crickets for 5-10 min twice a day. Sometimes he eats a lot and sometimes not so much. He is growing well and seems very happy. I don’t love the crickets as they are growing in size to meet his needs, lol, but he was eating 40-50 small crickets a day. Since I went up in cricket size, he seems to eat more like 10-20. Pass on some cricket gold to us if you think about it! And stay safe and well. thanks for asking!!

Zoodulcis

Thanks for replying to other forum members. Yes, everyone can use a hand right now. What are you gut loading the crickets on?

ckaywilcox
          Participant

flukers calcium food and the yellow quencher (can’t recall the name). I also use oranges and oatmeal occasionally.

Zoodulcis

Flukers is very popular. Sounds like Mushu has a very good mommy. Carrots and orange veggies are also good gut load items, as they provide safe sources of Vitamin A and beta carotene. Is she your first beardie?

ckaywilcox
          Participant

thank you! we need all the good advice! yes, she is our first beardie. My 13 year old daughter saved for a long time to purchase one and while I was apprehensive, he or she? (don’t know just yet) has been super easy and fun. The crickets are not least favorite part. lol. but it’s not too bad.

Zoodulcis

I am so glad to be able to help! And don’t hesitate to ask for advice. The only thing that I give qualified advice on is medical. Since I am a zoologist and not a veterinarian, I always preface my input on illness with that caveat. But on husbandry, behavior, nutrition, sanitation, disease prevention, and so forth, feel free to continue a dialogue. It may help to keep a middle schooler involved in animal care at just the time when it can be of the most use to her.

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});