Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Emma the Ambassador

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 9 Favorite

angel4peace
      Participant
      Emma the Ambassador

Emma is a baby bearded dragon. Although I have worked with reptiles in the past, she is the first I’ve actually owned. She is very curious and loves to adventure. She also loves morning and nightly snuggles and will burrow into my hand for warmth. Emma will be an animal ambassador, visiting local children’s events to introduce and educate the upcoming generation about reptiles. She would absolutely love some crickets mixed in with her dubia roaches!

Zoodulcis

She seems like she will be perfectly suited for the job.  What sort of venues are you envisioning? Schools, family-friendly events etc?

angel4peace
      Participant

Just getting into it so right now local libraries. I’ll be kind of a little side show to the main vendor they bring in. I’m working on growing my collection of animals so I can eventually do my own events. As an moderator, are you able to change the title of my post to “Cricket Contest” so it’s entered correctly to win. I did not realize the title part when I posted it.

Zoodulcis

No worries about the title. Winning is dependent on how many critter golds you are awarded.  The best way to win is to get your friends to register and give you a critter gold(one per person only).

Will you be forming a 501(c)3 for your educational endeavor at some point.  There are times when that can be helpful, but it is generally not cheap.

angel4peace
        Participant

Thanks for the information! Since my collection is still relatively small, I hadn’t looked into all the details yet but now I know the key info to look up. For exotic type species, I currently have the bearded dragon, a tarantula (who would also appreciate some of those yummy crickets), and a Parrotlet.

beaignu
      Participant

I wish I could give one gold coin every day.  🙂

Zoodulcis

The process of apply for non-profit status is a lot more user friendly than it used to be.  I have found that depending on the state laws, the articles of incorporation can be the most expensive part of the process.  Do you have rescue animals in your care?

angel4peace
        Participant

Sadly, I do not yet. But I am signed up with a state reptile rescue site. Hoping they get back to me soon about available animals. I’ll have to do research depending on what species are available but they require an application review before that information is provided.

Zoodulcis

Most reputable animal rescues do require an application for foster parents or even new owners.  I think that speaks well for them.  If they have snakes for fostering, do you think you would take one?

angel4peace
          Participant

Very possibly depending on the type. I’m not a fan of the bigger constrictors and definitely never anything venomous. I do have a breeder friend who has offered me a free snake and I’m considering it but it’s a type I would need a permit for in my state due to it being on our conservation list. I did inquire about the permit and it is free but takes 60 days to approve.

Zoodulcis

In my world, 60 days is not a big deal.  A migratory bird permit takes a minimum of 90 days.  This is a life path that can require a great deal of patience, tenacity and humor.  Bureaucracy and red tape, all the live long day.  That is the reality and it is not always a bad thing.  What species is it that your friend has for adoption?

angel4peace
          Participant

Corn snake. Really pretty coloration.

Zoodulcis

I am surprised you need a permit for a corn snake that is captive bred.  Must be a state thing and I bet your permit would take about 30 days, but of course, who knows 😉

angel4peace
          Participant

Yea my state has some stricter laws about reptile ownership. Which is unfortunate when you are trying to build an exotic animal collection… even if it’s not a breeding program.

Zoodulcis

What state is that?  Just in case other forum readers need a heads up.

Viewing 5 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});