Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Critter Contest – January 2021 Winner!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 60 Favorite

Danielle
      Participant
      Critter Contest – January 2021 Winner!

My name is Dude, and I’m 6 months old. My family loves me and buys me new toys all the time so here I was just skating through the day.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by CritterDepot.

Zoodulcis

Hang 20, Dude! How many crickets do you eat each week to keep up your strength?

Danielle
      Participant

I eat 20 crickets each day or roaches, I like both so 140 of something alive each week. I’m a growing boy and my parents make me a nice dish of variety of fruits and veggies. You might say I’m spoiled or they love me lots

Zoodulcis

Or both, and there’s not a thing wrong with that. They do dust your goodies with calcium and vitamins, right?

Danielle
          Participant

Yes, they sure do!

theyluvrone
        Participant

mom leave me alone

Davina Flood
      Participant

Adorable!!

Danielle
        Participant

Thank you 😊!

jose
          Participant

looking good Dude.

Danielle
          Participant

Thanks Jose 😊

Marie Maldonado
      Participant

What a cutie Dude. Love the skateboard

louise429
      Participant

He looks so healthy,and smart little guy.

Danielle
        Participant

Thanks so much

Daniel
      Participant

erick told me to do this

JAy
      Participant

dude is the best

Adrian Castro
      Participant

Dude is riding that skate board like a pro

sacdddasdads
      Participant

TONY HAWK?

stephanie
      Participant

Dude is so cute! I hope he cruises and wins this contest!

Danielle
        Participant

Aww thanks Steph 😊

jose
          Participant

far out Dude.

Jason
      Participant

Skating dude hit the half pipe

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Congratulations, Danielle & Dude! You just won a year supply of free feeders! Be on the lookout for an email with a coupon code. Thanks for participating and sharing a pic of your gnarly dragon!

Danielle
        Participant

Thanks so much. I couldn’t have done it without my friends and family’s support ❤
        Dude will be so happy with all his new snacks 😋

ABMoore22
          Participant

Congratulations! Its a great help when ya win. If you try again next year (I probably will too!), please remind your friends to be polite on this forum. We’d all love to win and each go about it our own way. No need for negativity when we’re all just here for our pets! I’d like to keep this site having the positive vibes it usually has.

(Yes, Ive said similar to other members as well, so my intention is not to single you out.)

Danielle
          Participant

Exactly and I agree 100% and thanks for realizing it wasn’t me, but a family member who by the way is a child and was corrected immediately for his actions. Kids will be kids and don’t always say the right things, with that said, I never caused or contributed to any negativity at any point even when I was being attacked by many and accused by many and it wasn’t always easy to hold back. I saw and read every single comment from ALL that had opinions and still remained respectful. Its a friendly competition and should remain as such

ABMoore22
          Participant

I agree wholeheartedly. You held back more than I would, lol. I have an uncle that is a complete jerk and always does and says rude things and sometimes makes the rest of us look at fault by association/relation, so I get better than most. I do understand why it would upset others though also, but we must remember we cannot control others, only ourselves, no matter how upsetting.

Hope your beardie loves that you won as much as mine love the goodies they won!

Zoodulcis

Words of wisdom, for sure. I hope the little ones, or not so little ones, that created some negativity and confusion on this forum, have had a chance to observe that words matter, particularly right now. Congratulations on winning, and do try again next year, as AB says, why not?!

Danielle
          Participant

I understand why they would be upset but it was never my name and I was accused and abused and ridiculed numerous times as was my family members and chose to keep it classy regardless and it took A Lot. I had to dig pretty deep. The child was corrected, punished and has learned his lesson as a result of it…I guess I was guilty by association but moving on bc honestly I’m so over this already, maybe you can shed some light for me.

Dude Loves the roaches the most but of course they are the most expensive, he eats crickets too but definitely prefers the roaches and I was wondering if you know how to ween him off of them. He also loves worms but he’s a big boy whose still growing w a big appetite…
          Any advice would be appreciated

ABMoore22
          Participant

My Leo is similar. Zoo may have some better ideas, but honestly all I do is offer things he likes less first when he’s hungry. If he wont eat the others, skip feeding that day and try again the next. After he eats a few of something other than roaches, you can give him some roaches. The plan would be to do this and eventually give him less and less roaches until hes used to other insects.

You can also try breeding your own feeder insects, if youre up for it. The Critter Depot has instruction videos on it.

jose
          Participant

congratulations Dude

Zoodulcis

AB is right, just treat him like a finicky cat. I have two of those, so I know. It’s amazing how cooperative they get when they’re really hungry. Crickets first, then roaches for dessert, is a good way to proceed.

Danielle
          Participant

That’s Great advice. I’ll try those suggestions Thanks guys 😊

ABMoore22
          Participant

Youre welcome. Hope it helps. Im actually doing the same thing with me Leopard Gecko right now. Once again, he only wants wax worms and hornworms. The main thing I have right now is crickets! lol

Danielle
          Participant

One more question for you, After they are a year and considered mature, do you continue feeding bugs or do you completely switch to all fruits and veggies?

Zoodulcis

Their diet should be around 70% vegetable matter. Although it will differ from pet to pet, as adults they don’t require the protein needed for rapid growth as when they are young. But they still need some! So mostly veggies daily, with a feeding of insects weekly should serve his needs. And of course, calcium and vitamins need to be provided, regardless of age.

Danielle
          Participant

Thanks for the info

Viewing 12 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});