• Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

EMcClure
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Our Girl, Birdie, giving lovings!

Dorian
      Participant

That is so cool. Komodo isn’t very loving but she is still young. How old is birdie?

EMcClure
        Participant

She is about 9 months old. She is very loving, but we really dote on her 🥰 we have had her for 7-8 months so she was quite tiny when we first purchased her.

Zoodulcis

They do have such different personalities. Fortunately, there is now hard science about that, not just anecdotes. Have you handled Birdie a lot since she was just a youngin’?

EMcClure
          Participant

Yes, all the time. She, also, has a pouch she travels in for our chest and a leash that she gets put on every so often. We all handle her down to my two year old, and she is super friendly with all of us as well 🥰

Dorian
          Participant

At what age did you start training her on the leash? I have one for komodo but haven’t put it on her yet.

Zoodulcis

In my opinion, you should start soon. Just put it on her for a short time in an environment she is comfortable in, and then increase the time a little each day. After a week to 10 days, you should be able to take her to new places with it on. Start with indoors only for at least a month.

EMcClure
          Participant

She was little. I don’t remember exactly how old, but I got the smallest size I could find. As soon as she was big enough to barely fit it then we put it on her. She doesn’t care for it, tbh, and prefers her pouch.

Dorian
          Participant

Thank you for all your help. I will try it on her today 😀

Zoodulcis

I’m sure that this handling contributed to her acceptance and affection for everyone in the family. Is she your first beardie?

EMcClure
          Participant

She is 🙂 we just love her!

Zoodulcis

I bet you do! She seems like such a sweetheart. What made you decide on a beardie instead of a different reptile pet?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});