Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket Contest

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 5 Favorite

casey
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is Albedo! She a Diablo Blanco female. She has this obsession with digging and I normally find her under her mat, she will flip hides! However, she does love this cave I got her and she sleeps in absolutely silly ways. Help me fatten my baby up with some good noms so she grows a better temperament :3. She is 45grams now.

Ekin
      Participant

That’s a nice looking gecko!!! She looks similar to mine. Her name is Luna.

Zoodulcis

She is very unique! What is it about her temperament that more crickets might improve?

casey
        Participant

hi, I haven’t ever tried to give her crickets. I normally feed her mealworms. she loves them and is a very active eater. sorry it took me so long to respond. I could post a feeding video of how quick she is to go for food and to eat a lot. I think something hopping around the tank would help her be more active. I love watching her, she is by far my most photoed lizard. Crickets would also add a nice variety to her diet of small superworms and mostly mealworms.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by casey.

Zoodulcis

I would encourage you to try more soft-bodied insects, beginning with crickets and dubia roaches. Leos have a very short digestive system and the hard exoskeleton of mealworms means that your lovely girl isn’t getting as much useful nutrition as she needs for long-term health.

ABMoore22
      Participant

Mines loves to dig as well. If youre interested try filling the cave she flips with dry coco fiber. I did that and mine 100% enjoys digging out his cave to sleep in it. I fill it back in every other week about. Gives him some enrichment and exercise too. He’s been much happier since i started doing that.

Zoodulcis

Sounds simple and effective. Couldn’t hurt to try, Casey.

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});