Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket Contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Frances Vineyard
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Meet Dozer, the mighty Triceros Jacksonii Jacksonii!
      He’s brand new to my family, but already incredibly loved. He’s warming up slowly to the way off life here, but after an extensive revamp of his cage he is now eating all the crickets in sight, so he must be feeling better about his new crib! Dozer would absolutely love to win some crickets, and I know for certain he wouldn’t let them go to waste!
      Happy New Year!

ABMoore22
      Participant

Wow, he looks GREAT. We just got a Veiled Chameleon a few months back, so i know how exciting they are. If you dont mind, what is that mossy thing in the background and do you have a link for it? Looks very interesting, as I’m planning a new, larger cage build soon.

Chameleons can also eat strawberries, raspberries, bananas, apples, kiwi, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, sugar snap pea pods, bean sprouts. Ours LOVE a lot of those. Just fyi if you wanted to broaden his diet.

Frances Vineyard
        Participant

That’s part of the revamp actually! Chameleons shouldn’t have the mossy vines, as the moss could get stuck to their tongue and cause issues. We didn’t know until a veteran reptile owner/friend said something. So the moss came out. It was purchased from Petsmart though, with a veiled Chameleon on the tag… Fluckers makes a bend-a-branch that has some leaves/moss on it that is much better than the photo I posted. Dozer is now hidden so much that the only time I see him is when he’s coming out to eat. Lol.

ABMoore22
          Participant

Thank you. Completely understand, I had planned to use real moss or something like what you have near the ground where mine never goes. And I bring mine out of the cage and tong or hand feed, so thankfully mind doesnt get the chance to eat odd things. haha. I also use the bendable branches, just without leaves. They love them. He should eventually come out more though, if hes anything like mine. They sometimes wont eat or come out from hiding too much when theyre first rehomed.

Zoodulcis

I’m sure glad you asked about that tank feature AB. That is an important consideration for chameleon owners when designing a habitat.

Congrats on your acquisition of Dozer. Sounds like he is indeed settling in. May I ask where you got him?

Frances Vineyard
          Participant

Just saw this, sorry!

We adopted from petco, he was begging to get out of his super tiny terrarium.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});