Topics Forums Lizards Cricket Contest

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Zoodulcis 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Posts 6 Favorite
    FunnyFrog
    Participant

Mr. Big TommersThis is Mr. Big Tommers! He likes crickets. But his favorite snack is earth worms! He sleeps most of the time in shady places…

CritterDepot
    Keymaster

is Big Tommers a tiger salamander?  Hard to tell from that angle…

FunnyFrog
    Participant

He is not a tiger back salamander. He is a Northwestern Salamander. They are all black

Zoodulcis

Funny Frog, you sure do have a hoard of reptiles and amphibians!  What a great close-up of Mr. Big Tommers.  He looks contended on his log.  Where did you get him?   And what inspired his name?

FunnyFrog
    Participant

I found him in my garden, underneath a log at night. I gave him this name because it fit his personlity. He is 7 inches long. So big. And Tommers just sounded cute…

Zoodulcis

He is a big boy!  Do you think he will get larger than this or is Tommer’ maxed out?

FunnyFrog
    Participant

He’s maxed out…

Zoodulcis

Good to know.  How many earthworms does he consume per week, now that his growth is maxed out?

FunnyFrog
    Participant

Per week he eats about 8 to 11. He is sad because his best friend girl salamander died a couple months ago, and now he’s not such a big eater… He will eat a few big crickets usually.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like he is depressed.  While you be providing him with another companion at some point?

FunnyFrog
    Participant

Yes, he likes having another salamander around. They talk quietly with their heads together making little gulpping, clicking, and whistling sounds!

They are very social..

Zoodulcis

I had no idea they were so social!  That is one really nice thing about forums that are interactive, with lots of give and take and dialogue, it makes it possible to learn something new every day.  Will his future companion need to be his subspecies, or will a different one of approximate size to his and female gender do just as well?

FunnyFrog
    Participant

There’s been other kinds of slamanders in his terranium. He was curious at first but soon lost interest. He seems to tollerate other salamanders and frogs and toads just fine but I have only seen and heard him communicating with females who look just like him.

Zoodulcis

Salamanders of a feather gulp together I guess.  When will a new lady friend arrive?