Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket Contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

haggaroth
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is my son with his newly rescued Leopard Gecko J.C. Huthedog. He and I are going to attempt to raise some crickets and meal worms for this little guy but winning the contest would sure make it a lot easier. 🙂

Zoodulcis

He looks fairly healthy, and so does the lizard 🤣 Seriously, from what I can see of the gecko’s tail, he is not underfed. Where did he come from?

haggaroth
        Participant

This was a no longer wanted pet. My son was introduced to nature studies through Scouts and over the last couple of years he’s worked as a councilor at summer camp learning all he can. Reptiles and amphibians have always been a favorite. He has a couple of snakes and plans to study biology/conservation in the fall so a friend reached out to him to see if he knew of a place willing to relocate it. He jumped at the chance to give it a good home and now we’re all learning. 🙂 I’m just happy he’s found something that interests him enough for him to do the work and research.

Zoodulcis

Zoology and conservation were always my course of study, and I have never regretted it. Good for him! What sort of snakes does he have?

haggaroth
          Participant

He has a ball python and a western hog-nose both are still pretty small. they Ball is on medium to adult feeder mice and the hog-nose still on pinkys.

Zoodulcis

Both awesome choices in snake pets. I lean toward Ball pythons, but hognoses are super as well. Were all of these herps acquired during lockdown?

haggaroth
          Participant

He had the snakes before the world went crazy. He’s always on the lookout and friends family know to contact him if something comes up. He’s been looking at dart frog but now sure about them and the care needed. WE just set up tonight to try and raise a few meal worms wish us luck LOL.

Zoodulcis

I think mealworms are pretty easy, certainly easier than dubia roaches. Keeping dart frogs can be a bit of work, managing that high humidity and all. People that are good at it do love them, however, and don’t mind the effort.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});