Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

TreeFrog47
      Participant

FunnyFrog
      Participant

That is a very natural setup and the light looks nice! Your tree frogs look like they are loving it too. What type of lamp are you using?

Zoodulcis

I’m not sure how funny frog is able to see that your frogs are having a great time, because I can’t find them at all! But I do agree that this seems like a very attractive and even posh set-up for your guys/ gals. What are their sexes?

TreeFrog47
          Participant

Thanks! I believe there are 3 guys and 1 girl. They are all tucked up in the top back corners of the tank. The light is a Sansi 15W LED daylight full spectrum grow light. The frogs are happy in the natural foliage and forage on their crickets at night. The crickets love hiding in all the leaf litter which makes it harder to be eaten.

Zoodulcis

Is there anything about this set-up that you would change, or do you feel that is just about as perfect as tree frog set up can be? And why did you choose this particular light? Did you try others and then change, get recommendations from other keepers, etc?

TreeFrog47
          Participant

I think this is pretty close to perfect for these frogs. They have plenty of hiding places and shade. The only thing I could add would be a little shelf suction cupped to the side for another spot to rest up high. But they really enjoy being on the glass wedged under a leaning stick.
          The light I bought was recommended by a member of a Facebook reptile bioactive setup group. It is just enough to grow the plants without too much strain on the frogs. It’s a LED grow light. 15 watt

Zoodulcis

Thanks for the advice on this set-up. Nice to know that it has worked well so far. Do you mind sharing the brand and the cost of the gro-light?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});