Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

captainbeard98
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

I’m Elmer! I just turned six months old today! I love people watching and eating my favorite grubs! I’ve got some waxworms and mealworms in my dish now!

Zoodulcis

Hi Elmer and Happy Birthday. Be sure to tell your Mommy/Daddy that waxworms and crickets are way better for you than mealworms, cuz mealworms are really hard for you to digest.

captainbeard98
        Participant

I usually only get a couple of mealworms a day (usually 2 or 3) and I eat a lot of live crickets! They’re my favorite! Today is my birthday, so I got a treat: a few extra mealworms and some waxworms! Yummy!

Zoodulcis

Oh good Elmer, I’m glad you have a balanced diet. Do you eat your veggies like a good boy?

captainbeard98
          Participant

Yes! My favorite is Bok Choy! I get a big salad every day!

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Love the name! And looks like Elmer has a well-funrished habitat. Can you share a pic of the enclosure?

captainbeard98
        Participant

He’s gonna need a bigger tank very soon!

Zoodulcis

I see what you mean by needing a bigger enclosure very soon. How do you like the lighting set up that you are currently providing? Do you feel it is adequate? How does it perform when it comes to bulb replacement?

captainbeard98
          Participant

For now, I feel like it’s a good set up. The bulbs respond very well when they are replaced. I’d like to get a UVB that covers a larger portion of his next tank, but it’s pretty expensive.

Zoodulcis

Yes, they can get pricey. What brand are the ones you are using now?

captainbeard98
          Participant

Zoo med

Zoodulcis

Thanks! It’s very helpful to get forum user’s endorsements for various products. Always seems a bit more authentic. Less hype, more honesty.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});