Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Yummy yummy for my tummy, love those crickets!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Karen Wiegel
      Participant
      Yummy yummy for my tummy, love those crickets!!

I love to eat and crickets are my favorites.
      Pick me
      Peony

Zoodulcis

Peony, you are a lovely girl and I hope you win. Get all of your friends to give you a critter gold. How old are you?

Karen Wiegel
        Participant

Iโ€™ll be 63 in July and you?

Zoodulcis

That’s funny, I was asking about the age of the beardie ๐Ÿคฃ But since you asked, I turn 65 in July.

Karen Wiegel
          Participant

Oh boy, itโ€™s early in the morning and the old brain isnโ€™t working on all cylinders yet.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. The pretty miss peony is 4.5 months old. Maybe 63 in people years???๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ She is a sweetheart. I also have a beautiful male panther chameleon named Leon who is almost a year old, another dragon named Marigold who is 10 weeks a parakeet named Henry and my dear sun conure named Sam, she is 15 years old. We have a zoo here.

Zoodulcis

Holy Mackeral! You really do. I have more of a farm, with 7 goats and 2 cats. I used to have Ball Python’s and Knight anoles.

From the sound of it, crickets would come in really handy. Were Peony and Marigold lockdown acquisitions?

Karen Wiegel
          Participant

You have quite the mix. We milked cows and had beef for over 20 years. Sold our dairy farm in 2000 and moved off the farm to the city in 2014. We still have some farm land that we rent. Do you sell the goat milk?? We have a goat cheese plant located about 10 miles from here. Youโ€™re right, I could really use those crickets๐Ÿ‘

Zoodulcis

I used to sell milk and cheese. Now I just enjoy their company on hikes. We all go on daily hikes for about 45 minutes, and a 1/2 day hike once per weak weather permitting. They earn their keep by getting me out of the house and away from the computer for a while. Some people have dogs for this, but I am mad about goats, so it all works out. ๐Ÿ˜ Did you ever have goats at your place, or dairy cows only?

Karen Wiegel
          Participant

We had dairy and beef cows with the usual farm dogs and barn kitties. Our kids showed calves and cows at our county and state fairs years ago. I do miss those days. They did all the work getting the animals ready to go and all prettied up and were rewarded well for their hard work.

Zoodulcis

My grown daughter lives several states away, so it is just me now, so too much work to milk. I do all of the hoof trimming though! Nowadays I write more about goats than anything else. Some info on that can be found at my website laurenhallruddell.com.

Any of your children still involved in agriculture?

Karen Wiegel
          Participant

I will check it out for sure! We have 3 kids and 10 grandkids, all girls but one. Poor Mempgis!! None of the kids are involved in Ag now. Our oldest daughter bred cows for Accelerated Genetics for a time before the dairy herds got so big. All the fam lives here in Wisconsin so we see them often.

Zoodulcis

Just returned from morning goat walk. Had to get out there early to beat the heat here in western Colorado.

Big family! So nice that they are close to you and each other. What do the grandkids think about the reptiles?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});