Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! What kind of frog do you think is better to feed

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

christian
      Participant

Hello; We want to have a frog in our house. We especially want our children to be responsible and help us in feeding. Our son is 5 years old, we have the idea to instill his love for animals. Frankly, we haven’t had frogs before. Better if it is a frog that is easiest for our child to feed and will not harm. Especially those who live in nature will be better. https://petanimalworld.com/gray-tree-frog-and-copes-gray-tree-frog-informations/ our son was excited when he read the articles.

If you were my question, what kind of frog would you start to feed?

ABMoore22
      Participant

I have had Gray Tree Frogs and theyre great. They dont get very big and something very similar in size and behavior is an American Green Tree Frog.

But for a 5 year old, I’d say go with a Whites Tree Frog. They are pretty chill, a little bigger and adorably chunky. Easier to handle and find in the tank also. Just make sure you learn what temp and humidity your frog needs, as these things are very important to keeping them alive. You cannot skimp on these two things. None of these I listed are toxic, but you must was your hands before and after handling. (No hand sanitizer) That’s important for the health of both pet and child. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need tips on tank setup/pet info. If you are in the US I know a few good sites to purchase frogs from. Your local pet shop can normally order them in for you as well, if they dont already have them.

christian
        Participant

Thank you for this nice information. Unfortunately I do not live in the USA. He said that a pet shop where I live can supply me. Your warnings about humidity made me very happy.

Is it okay if I catch insects from the forest and give them?

ABMoore22
          Participant

If you catch the frog outside that’s what itd be eating anyway. But youre not really supposed to feed pet frogs bugs from outside because they often introduce parasites to your pet.

Zoodulcis

I think I would recommend White’s tree frogs. They are easy to care for, and unlike most frogs, can be handled occasionally. Look up the care guide article on this site and see what you think. There are also care guides for pacman frogs, pixie frogs, tomato frogs and dart frogs to help you compare on care, feeding and temperament.

ABMoore22
        Participant

Right. I think that’d be the best choice since they were wanting something safe and non-toxic for a 5 year old to take care of. I love Dumpy’s for kids.

christian
        Participant

I will investigate this topic. Thank you very much for your information.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});