Topics Forums What Happened to the December Winner???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 1 Favorite

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Hey Fam!

We have some unfortunate news. As a lot of you have noticed, the Critter Golds from our December submissions mysteriously disappeared. We were alarmed to see this, and for the past 2 weeks, have been working with our developers to try and find out what happened.

It appears that somewhere between the cross-over into the new year, one of the site’s applications updated. This update was not wholly compatible with the rest of the site’s structure, which caused some redirect problems for the existing Critter Golds. This is why the Critter Golds disappeared.

We’ve made many attempts, and contacted multiple resources, to try and recover the final Critter Gold count. Unfortunately, we have not been successful, and the final count is lost. Because of this, we will not be able to announce a winner for the month of December.

It’s upsetting because many of you had excellent posts, which were accumulating a record-setting amount of critter golds! And unfortunately, there’s no fair way to announce 1 winner, without having the final Critter Gold count.

Sorry for the bad news. But we encourage you to submit your submissions again! They were all EXCELLENT! Which leads us to believe that you can regain a high-count of golds, and win a year supply of free feeders for this month, or next month, or the month after!

Please comment below if you have any questions!

ABMoore22
      Participant

That is unfortunate. But it does seem most fair that you just do not choose a winner for that month. We could pin point the number 1 and 2 highest votes, but cannot prove the votes with 100% accuracy. Thank your company for your great customer service!

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

Thanks for the reply. We’ve been banging our heads against the wall, trying to figure out the best recourse. Our concern is that if we guess a winner without any hard evidence, then we would be doing a disservice to the other participants, who may have actually won.

ABMoore22
          Participant

I agree. Always better to be safe than sorry, in my opinion. Keep posting everyone!!

Munchie93
          Blocked

December is the month you won? Right? I’m not really here for the contest although it would help. I’m just here to get others opinions and advice. I love the site contest or not. I’d still be here just as much either way.

ABMoore22
          Participant

I won November. December is the month they will not choose a winner due to the technical errors. But Im the same way, I really enjoy the site and offering any advice I am able to, or learning new things.

CritterDepot
          Keymaster

You’ve been an amazing Fam Member, AB! And we’re grateful for your participation!

ABMoore22
          Participant

Thank you, I appreciate that! I love it here. Full of like minded people.

CritterDepot
          Keymaster

We appreciate your feedback, Leslie. Our goal is to help new pet parents, and we’re glad our efforts are materializing for you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pretty bouughe when I had 34 critter golds. I won this for sure, and worked hard to get the votes.

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

I understand, Levi. And we appreciate the effort you put into promoting your post. The dilemma we’re running into is that a few other participants are making the same claim, and there were numerous posts with well over 30 golds. It wasn’t an easy conclusion. But we encourage you to post again for January, and February, and every month until you are able to win the contest. We want to see you win, but we also want to be able to announce the winner with a hard count. We hope you understand, and hope you participate again!

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});