Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! Waiting patiently

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

ldanig
      Participant
      Waiting patiently

One of our four tiny bird poop frogs waiting patiently for his momma to hand out crickets.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Bird poop frog!? Is that their real name? Let me guess, if the name is real, they earned the name by resembling bird poop, so they can attract unsuspecting flies, correct? Do they smell like bird poop too? I would think the odor is what’s attracting the flies…

ldanig
      Participant

Technical name is Theloderma asperum, cute as crap.  They make this tiny cheep noise when the are being fed.  They r grey/brown and white and change colors as they want. When excited they get super white.  And no smell, but great little hunters!

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

that’s really interesting.  are they social frogs?  and do you have others?  I imagine these are rare to find.  I saw one for sale on Josh’s Frogs, but can’t recall anywhere else.

ldanig
      Participant

We have 4 kept together, and they sit together and look like they snuggle. Lol.  We never saw them before when we went to a local reptile show so we grabbed them.  Weren’t super expensive but also not free.  We haven’t seen them again since. The pic is a bit deceiving because they are tiny about the size of a thumb nail, and they won’t get too much bigger.  Super cute tho!

Zoodulcis

Since you have 4 together, I assume of various sexes, will you end up with ‘lil poopers’?

ldanig
      Participant

We are not sure of sexes……but they do love to peep to each other at night.  We would love to welcome little poops to the family tho!!!

Zoodulcis

Tiny poopy peepers, or perhaps peepy poopers. The comedy dimensions of this thread are hugely deep, but I bet you have heard this before.  Where do these lil poopers lay their eggs?  In water, under leaves, etc?

ldanig
      Participant

My little poopers have a half water like 1” tank and the other side is kept moss moist. If and when the time comes they will lay eggies in tree bark near the water. I have a chunk of cork part in the water part out.  They love chillin on it already.

Zoodulcis

Sounds promising.  How long have you had them and are they all adults?

ldanig
      Participant

We have had them for about 6-7 months and 2 are much larger and 2 are tiny. Not sure if it’s 2 males and 2 females or 2 much younger and 2 older.

Zoodulcis

My guess is that you will find out shortly!  A bit of research on my part confirmed sexual dimorphism in this species, with the females being about 1/3 larger than the males.  So there is a strong likelihood that you will have double peepy poopers before too much  longer. How much do these little guys cost, if you don’t mind me asking?

ldanig
      Participant

Lol that part was luck, we were leaving a local expo and the vendor didn’t want to take them home with him.  We got all four for 25$.   Kinda feel like we stole them.

Zoodulcis

OMG, that is a steal.  I wonder what they cost normally?

ldanig
      Participant

Joshes frogs has them for 25-45 a frog sometimes

Zoodulcis

Jiminy Christmas! You did get a bargain.  And if, as I suspect, you have 2 males and 2 females, you may have a potential business opportunity.  Plenty of peeping poopers for sale 😉

heidenma
        Participant

Small peepers or poopers. You’ve probably heard this before, but this thread has deep comedy. Where do these little poopers lay eggs? Under leaves, in water?

mini crossword

Viewing 14 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});