Topics Forums Lizards Turbo taking it slow.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

wblive
      Participant
      Turbo taking it slow.

Turbo(working name) hanging out in his little home.

ABMoore22
      Participant

I like all the cracks and crevices he can crawl into. This and plenty of leafy branches to climb on are exactly like where he’d be in the wild.

wblive
        Participant

I have a fake tree stuck to the opposite side but I’m thinking he might want it closer to the rocks. Maybe I stick it to the back closer to the central warmer spot.

ABMoore22
          Participant

I got ’em all over the place in mine, but each person likes things however they prefer them. Its fine the way it as. The main thing is his health. But, I tend to just go outside and look for interesting branches instead of buying a pet shop tiny one for $15-20 lol. 24 hours in the freezer kills anything bad on them. They have cheap but nice bendable ones on amazon as well, if youre interested.

wblive
          Participant

I used the rocks from around my shop for free. Worked great. I didn’t think of decorating the rest with other natural ideas. Great way to save some money. Thank you

ABMoore22
          Participant

Youll just see him come out more often the more climbing and hiding opportunities you provide. You can sometimes find some pretty cool rocks and branches outside, as you did. Those are so perfect.

Zoodulcis

I’m not sure who’s having more fun with this, him or you! I am going to disagree with AB on the found objects approach, something I seldom do. There are many microbes that are impervious to extreme cold, but almost none that can survive bleach and high temperatures. I like the idea of found objects to save money, but those objects should be dowsed with a 10% bleach solution then baked in a pre-heated oven at 200F for 30 minutes. Only then can you be certain. This is why milk is pasteurized at temperatures higher than 140, rather than freezing it for safety. Loads of bacteria simply go dormant at freezing temperatures, and then begin to multiply again as soon as they warm up. Yes, freezing at exceptionally cold temperatures for 24 hours can work, but unless your freezer reaches -80 degrees (80 degrees below zero, not just below freezing temp) you are running a risk of introducing bacteria.

ABMoore22
          Participant

I love the part of making the enclosures. lol. And Thank you for the input. Rocks and things like that I boil, but it almost ruins sticks. Depending on the type. And most wont fit in a pot! I normally avoid chemicals when I can. I do forget that bleach is ok when rinsed. Ill need to keep that in mind. Thank you.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});