Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! Should I get a frog?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

tinycrocs
      Participant

Hello! I am new to the frog scene but have been IN LOVE with frogs forever and am finally home long enough to get one!! The issue is, I spend a ton of time at my boyfriend’s house, so I would either have to keep the frog at my house or his house. I was wondering if it would be bad for the frog if I had a tank at each of our houses and brought him back and twice a week? If it were a hamster or something there would be no issue but I know frogs, like fish, are fragile and sensitive so I just don’t want to give it anxiety or cause any health problems. Anyone have any advice? I would rather just not get a frog then get one and kill him within a year or cause him any stress. Please help me out!!

Zoodulcis

An interesting question. My opinion is that the time may not be right for you to acquire a frog at this time. Or if you do, be sure to keep it in one residence only. The routine you are describing sounds sufficiently stressful that I wouldn’t place any money on the animal lasting more than 6 months. A really nice setup in your home with plenty of room, a good feeding schedule and maybe the occasional check by a pet sitter would be more humane. Otherwise, do consider a pet that is easy to handle and transport, like a hamster or a guinea pig.

tinycrocs
        Participant

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Just needed someone to confirm it. Thanks for the reply!

Zoodulcis

Glad to be of help. What do you think you will end up doing: waiting on the frog, getting a frog or two and not transporting them, or getting a more portable pet?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});