Topics Forums Chameleons Rexxar’s New Enclosure

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

ABMoore22
      Participant
      Rexxar’s New Enclosure

Just wanted to update on Rexxar’s new enclosure. He’d doing great and getting used to coming out on our arms for food and exploring time. He has real plants at the bottom and to the side on a ledge in the cage.

Attachments:

ABMoore22
      Participant

Him.

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

Such as awesome habitat! I like the easy-to-read digital thermometer stuck onto the branch. I hope it’s reading in Celsius!!

Remind us again of how Rexxar came to be with you. Was he a rescue?

ABMoore22
        Participant

Thank you! I try hard to make these things stimulating for them. And No, its fahrenheit. The large number you see is humidity (hadnt sprayed yet), the smaller one to the right of it says 74. And its just his lower level temp. I have another up higher with a probe that shows the basking and higher level temp. It is usually between 82-87 since he’s a juvenile. Ill raise it a little as he ages.

We got him as a gift to my fiance for his birthday. Was gonna get a Jackson’s he fell in love with at a closing pet shop, but as we got there someone had just bought him. So I went to another shop for supplies and got Rexxar. Usually I only get supplies from pet shops, but this little guy was not in the best cage set-up, and since we were looking for a Cham anyway, we went ahead and got him. Not my shinning moment as a reptile owner who doesnt always agree with how reptiles are kept/cared for at pet shops. lol

Zoodulcis

That’s right, I remember now. And the number I was seeing was the humidity. I thought it probably was, just thought I’d crack a funny.

ABMoore22
          Participant

Oh, lol. Took quite a bit of research on plants and using only ‘Veiled Tested’ plants, since my guy loves eating his plants. He touches them with his foot first to make sure they’re real since I have real and fake plants. lol.
          Ive found that the Chameleon Academy (https://chameleonacademy.com/), has some of the best, actually studied and tested, info out there.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});