Topics Forums Everything Else cricket Contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

rehomecreatures
      Participant
      cricket Contest

Hello everyone! My name is Ryan and this is one of my creatures Poof, the Bearded Dragon! She is a wild type color bearded dragon and we estimate her to be about 5 to 6 months old. She loves watching my fish tanks and loves playing with my three children. She munches on crickets, over 60 everyday and loves getting her baths 3 or 4 times a week. In the summer she has her own enclosure (next to a Chinese water dragon) outside so she can soak up the sun! She eats her veggies everyday and is always ready to explore the house! She loves basking in her custom tank with the UV directly on her. I hope everyone has a great day!

P.s the fish pictured is Princess. I will certainly give a bio on her also! She is a Oscar fish.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Wow, that’s quite the family! Do you shelter any other animals? Or do you cap it at fish, bearded dragons, and Chinese water dragons? Was Poof a rescued dragon?

rehomecreatures
        Participant

Hey critterdepot!
        Yes we shelter lots of other animals! I work at a LFS and it really started with people bringing in their pets there when they could no longer keep them. I have large fish tanks and I understand a lot of people don’t want to commit to that or just don’t have the space/time/money. I give every animal a bio active home complete with live plants and I build custom tanks. I accept fish, reptiles, amphibians and snakes. Right now we have about 15 tanks with animals! My wife is actually going to be a vet tech so she can help with our business as she is tired of sitting at her cubicle and wants more hands on with animals! Poof was a rescue and she was extremely malnourished and was not eating. She also always had bad sheds. So we got her in a nice big tank and started to hand feed with daily baths. This is her about three months after we first recieved her!

Zoodulcis

That sounds like a very worthy endeavor and a lot of work. What exactly is an LFS? If you have a list of animals for rehoming, would be willing to post it here? Some members migght be interested in adoption, you never know.

rehomecreatures
          Participant

Hey there! It is a lot of work but I absolutely love it. I noticed from a young age I always had animals around me and was much happier. My son has autism and the animals are a great tool for him as well! LFS is local fish store. So I work at a local pet shop here in my town. I bring in my animals all the time and I do shows for children to meet various creatures. I actually do have a list or animals ready to be rehomed. However I do operate an LLC (for profit) so I’m not sure if I can post my website here. I just want to be respectful to critterdepot! If they allow it everyone is welcome to take a gander and we do ship animals in the 48 continental states! I have special logistics and every animal that goes out of my door comes with food and springtails/clean up crew for your own bioactive setup! We do interview every buyer and/or seller and quarantine for up to 90 days for very malnourished animals. I hope this info is ok with critterdepot! If not please let me know and I will redo my post Thank you all!

Zoodulcis

I don’ think a list of pets in need of homes is taboo, just don’t include prices. Do include contact information and of course, tell them how awesome Critter Depot is!

ABMoore22
          Participant

Is it possible for them to put a link to their site/page in their bio, to help get some rehomed? Just asking, I also don’t know if that’s allowed. Bare minimum, I’m sure they can mention it in there and the rescues name, right?

ABMoore22
          Participant

I would love to be able to do this! Have to wait a few more years to grow my tiny rescue. I’ll have the time and space eventually.

Zoodulcis

Greetings AB, I have very much appreciated your input and energy for rescuing. I also have been inspired by your love for animals. I will no longer be the moderator for this forum, as I am moving on to other things. Be well and keep the animal faith, baby!

ABMoore22
          Participant

I’m sure a few would as well. Lol. I stick to what I have unless some needs rescued. I’m full on personal pets. Lol I shared the sites I use to re-home as well

ABMoore22
          Participant

Awesome. A family from my own heart. Lol. My kinda people. I rescue and rehome on a much smaller scale, given the time I have caring for family members. I am so glad there are people like you. This is a great forum, great people, advice and info is welcome to be shared and asked for. Hope to see you guys around here. 🙂

I’ve owned a few Oscars and your girl looks GREAT! Hefty girl for sure. Bet she can do away with a dozen comets in under a few minutes. Haha. Found it so interesting as a child to see how the water had “glitter” in it. (Quickly learned those were fish scales!)

Do you have any plecos or anything in with her? Mine loved swimming through his plants. The dragon is a pretty girl as well. As pretty as the colorful morphs are, I love the wild types of reptiles and enjoy seeing how nature made them so perfect for their environments, all without us interfering. Lol.

Also, here are the sites I use to rescue/rehome, always have gotten great homes. Rescueme.org and adoptapet.com you can also use hoobly.com but it’s a lot like craigslist.com so I trust it a lot less. The first two have questionairs adopters have to fill out to help you choose a good home.

rehomecreatures
          Participant

We love to talk to other creature lovers! Sometimes more than “regular people” hahaha yes right now I have about 4 Oscars at different sizes. I feel like people really don’t understand how big they get! I have very large tanks so it’s not a problem for me. My tanks range from 20 gallons (scorpions) all the way up to 700 gallon ponds! So luckily I have a wide variety for any animal that we receive! The Oscar pictured actually had hole in head disease and was rotting from fungus. This is her after a month of treatment and good quality food! I breed all my own feeders (thanks critterdepot!) So I know their lineage and what they are eating. Oscars are great fish and I see why people call them water dogs!
          I actually do not have plecos with her as she is very mild mannered. I do have a “predatory tank” with larger gar, bass and pacus. It is an interesting tank to say the least! With this Oscar is a jack Dempsey and an syndontis catfish. They seem to be happy together so I will just let them live their life! I also have many plecos and catfish in ponds but inside my house. Yes my wife doesn’t like it but it’s for the animals! Haha
          I also really enjoy the wild type animals. The glo fish, honestly, freak me out! And now they are doing that to axolotl’s! I just think that’s a pity with all the beautiful wild morphs there is. But too each their own and I do keep my opinion to myself at my work place.
          Great thank you for the link! I am just not sure if I can advertise my own business her so I will wait for critterdepot to confirm that. We work with shelters and lots of other bug forums to recieved and rehome. But I don’t mind keeping them all! We are really here because there was a void in the rehoming of larger animals. As we are able to take them I talked the wife into it and now we’re going full steam ahead. Thank you all for your support and the world needs more people like the people here!

rehomecreatures
          Participant

More pictures of various animals. Sorry for some bad pics. Unfortunately some animals didn’t want to pose!
          First pic is of my baby axanthic Oscar. Oscars can come in albino and axanthic. The patterns and blotches are not the same!

rehomecreatures
          Participant

This is an Oscar I rescued about two weeks ago. She is finally eating again! She is an albino.

rehomecreatures
          Participant

This is an Asian black forest scorpion. I think she is a female but am still learning about scorpion! Sorry for the bad pic!

rehomecreatures
          Participant

These are some of my cichlids. Children love to call them chicklets! Just various colors of haps and peacocks. Couldn’t get a good pic of my mbuna cichlids!

rehomecreatures
          Participant

This is “big blue” we call him that because he is a smaller cichlid but he runs the whole tank!

rehomecreatures
          Participant

I couldn’t forget Poof!

ABMoore22
          Participant

She really is so pretty. I’m holding out for one of my own. Have to wait to finish some repairs of the house before I can fit an enclosure. Unless a rescue gets dropped on me, then I’d make do, but I prefer to plan and do it perfect. I believe in making enclosures as big as you can for their needs and I always do my very best to replicate their natural environment and make it bioactive. They totally thrive that way.

All your babies look great. This is definitely a place for you. Where are you located if you dont mind me asking? I’d love to support you or at the very least spread your rescues name. Also. The modorator here Zoodulcis, is actually a zoologist and she knows her stuff. Figured I’d add that, her knowledge is invaluable regardless of the forum members current knowledge. I’ve rescued and rehomed just about everything there is and have learned even more in the few years Ive been a member here.

ABMoore22
          Participant

Sounds awesome. I love all morphs. I do have a thing against the ones that cause neurological issues though. Those should not be bred.

I also used to have a Florida gar with a pleco. That thing was so cool and both got very big since they had a large tank. My uncle fell in love with them and would gush every time he visited, I felt I had to gift him with them since he loved them so much and it gave me more room to rescue others in need. (Years ago now. I had them for about 10 years. The pleco passed not long after I gave him up but 10 is old for them. And the gar he had for about 10-15 more before he passed.)

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});