Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Mary
      Participant
      Parasites??

So my tree frog had maggots in her stool.. like little tiny ones. I called the vet and they told me they were just fly maggots. But it has me a little concerned because my Other frog has been having issues and needed medicine, I had them together for a couple days when I first got him because I didn’t think he needed to be quarantined yet. So I’m sure she got whatever he had but I don’t know what to do.

Zoodulcis

Do you feed flies as food? If so, how big? Have you examined really fresh stool that you have seen expelled from the body, with no chance for flies to get to them?

Mary
        Participant

No I don’t, but it’s possible one may have gotten in. I just wanted to be sure. I’ve never seen it before so it freaked me out!

Zoodulcis

OK, so the next diagnostic tool would be observation of fresh stools. You will need to collect them and pick them apart to be sure that nothing wriggly came out with them. If you do find something, this is something the vet should be told, because it will change his/her opinion.

Mary
          Participant

Okay will do, thank you for the advice. I was at a loss doing research on the web.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});