Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! Pacman frog troubles (urgent)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 1 Favorite

Nicholas M Biggs
      Participant

I’ve been having some troubles recently with my pacman frog. I presume it’s a female because of the lack of nodules on its hands. She is roughly a year old or so now. Until recently she has been very good about eating, pooping, etc. I feed her a diet of nightcrawlers, occasional crickets, and a tiny pinky mouse about once every month- 2 months, all food dusted in calcium powder. Over the last month and a half she has barely eaten and spends almost all her time underground. I’m puzzled because I truly don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. Her tank during the day time stays between 75-81°F during the day and about 68-70°F at night. I keep the tank humidity between 60 and 70, almost always more near the 70s because I know how important humidity is for them. I even got a mister and keep it pointed at her if she’s out so she stays getting misted throughout the day. Currently she’s in a 10 gallon bioactive tank set up with biodude substrate with bioshot, golden pothos in the corner, a little log in the other corner for her to hide under, and some springtails and isopods for cleanup crew. I keep my heat lamp on one side so she can choose the heat and light as she pleases. She doesn’t look underweight, although I’d like to pack a little more on her if possible. She doesn’t seem to have pooped in a good while and just isn’t interested in food. I’ve already checked to see if she’s impacted and she doesn’t appear to be. No red spots on the belly or legs. Everything appears to be fine. I just don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zoodulcis

So she never comes out to sit in her water bowl? Have you checked her hide to see if she has pooped in there?

Zoodulcis

If the answer is no, no feces in her hide, then my suggestion is that she is indeed constipated. It can happen suddenly and for no apparent reason. Other forum members have had good results with a tsp of dissolved honey in the soaking bow, and gentle massage. The honey bath needs to be at least 15 minutes in duration in pleasantly warm water, at least once per day, although twice seems to be better.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});