Topics Forums Leopard Geckos November cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 9 Favorite

Shannon
      Participant
      November cricket contest

This is Hiss. She is a 19 year old leopard gecko. She never liked meal worms but loves her crickets.

Zoodulcis

Wow, she’s a ripe old age!! Good thing she has stayed away from mealworms all these years. Plainly a diet of crickets has been the ticket. Have you had her all that time?

Shannon
        Participant

Yes! I had 2 but my other one (named Spot) went blind ma years ago and had a hard time eating. He was the nicer of the two. Hiss used to try to bite me when I would pick her up. She calmed down alot after Spot died.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like she got lonely and needed company, so she toned it down a bit. Do you think that could be the reason she is nicer now?

Shannon
          Participant

Maybe. She still doesn’t really like to be held but puts up with it and only bit my son once because he accidentally squeezed her a little too tight. It was his first time holding her and she tried to run.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like Hiss was scared and uncomfortable. Heck, anybody would bite! Do you think you will get a couple more leos some time in the future?

Shannon
          Participant

I’m not sure yet. I kind of wanted a snake but where I live they do not do very well. Maybe something different than a leopard gecko. What would you suggest?

Zoodulcis

Ball pythons are awesome if you can provide them with enough warmth. Other than that, Beardies are always a great choice.

Shannon
          Participant

My son had a bearded dragon. She is pretty fun. I hold her all the time. I have always loved pythons but it gets too cold where we live. My brother had 1 when we were younger it didn’t survive the winter.
          Maybe I should try frogs. Create a whole ecosystem for them.

Zoodulcis

A lovely biodynamic system, vertical and full of branches, might be awesome for three White’s Tree Frogs (also called Dumpy Frogs).

Shannon
          Participant

Hopefully I still have a few years with Hiss so I will have plenty of time to think about it. Right now my son has his beardie so maybe I will just stick with helping him until it gets bigger.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});