Topics Forums Leopard Geckos new leo or soon to be leo owners

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

i am a soon to be leo owner and would love some help trying to get the right supplies for cheap

ABMoore22
      Participant

Here’s the guide I made and next ill add links to supplies i have.
      Supplies:
      *at least a 15 gallon tank.
      *uva/uvb bulb (no higher than 75w) and/or vitamin D3 powder (A lot of people use both, including myself)
      *Calcium Powder (will add pictures of feeding/dusting schedule)
      *Ceramic heat lamp
      *Reptile Heat Mat
      *Surface thermometer (sometimes comes with heat mat)
      8Temp & Humidity Gauge (they have some that have both)
      *Water Dish
      *Calcium Powder dish (can use cap from a bottle)
      *Substrate (coconut fiber, reptile carpet, slate, tiles, shelf liner, newspaper, paper towel)
      *sphagnum moss (can substitute with damp paper towel)
      *2-3 hides.
      *Set up/Details:
      *Warm side should be between 88-93 (about 90, goal) degrees on the tank floor.
      *Cool side should be your room temperature in the 70-76 degrees. 30-40 humidity, tested on cool side.
      *Heat mat goes on one side (substrate on top). Covering no more than half the tank.
      *Hide positions: one over heat mat and one on cool side. You will also need a humid hide (i set this in between warm *and cool side (with moist moss or paper towl inside, keep moist. Some people only put this hide in when shedding starts, i always keep one in. You can use a tupperware with a hole cut in it. Use tape to cover sharp edge or sand down with sandpaper)
      *Water on cool side. (always keep water in tank)
      *Put calcium dish wherever you want, but always leave it in tank.
      *UV lamp (if you choose to use) over side with heat mat.
      *To clean use reptile scoop or paper towel. (geckos ‘go’ in the same spot, so its easy)

SCHEDULE BELOW: Ages 0-6 months, 6-12 months, and over 12 months
      C = Calcium
      VM = Vitamins & Minerals
      I usually aim for 8-10 bugs, but as long as they eat at least 5, im happy.
      Everyday feedings for 0-6 months. Every other day for 6-12 months, every 3-4 days for over 12 months. Though If you see weight loss at every 3-4 days for adults, add a day of feeding.

Attachments:

ABMoore22
        Participant

Links arent posting again so just copy and paste these on amazon and itll take you to what you need:

Uv: Simple Deluxe UV Reptile Heat Bulb UVA + UVB Full Spectrum Sun Lamp for Reptiles and Amphibian Pet

Lamp: Fluker’s Repta-Clamp Lamp with Switch for Reptiles ( Packaging May Vary )

Heat Mat: Zacro Reptile Heat Pad – Under Tank Heater for 10-20gal Tank, Terrarium Heat Mat for Turtle/Snake/Lizard/Frog/Spider/Plant Box,6 x 8in

Calcium: Fluker’s Reptile Calcium Supplement Without Vitamin D3

Vit/min: Royal Pet Supplies Inc Zoo Med Reptivite

Temp/humidity: Goabroa Mini Hygrometer Thermometer Digital Indoor Humidity Gauge Monitor with Temperature Meter Sensor Fahrenheit (℉)

Surface temp: Aquarium Thermometer, Fish Tank Thermometer, Water Thermometer with LCD Display Fahrenheit/Celsius(℉/℃) for Vehicle Reptile Terrarium Fish Tank Refrigerator by AikTryee

Water dish: Fluker’s Corner Rock Food & Water Bowl for Hermit Crabs

Substrate option: Zilla Reptile Terrarium Bedding Substrate Coconut Husk Brick

Hides: Fluker’s Small Critter Cavern Reptile/Small Animal Hide

Niteangel 2 Pack Natural Coconut Reptile Hideouts, Lizard, Spider and Aquarium Fish Hide Cave

Zoodulcis

Great advice from AB as always. Use the guide in this site along with this additional wisdom to help guide your purchases. Any luck finding discounted tanks and other essentials so far?

ABMoore22
          Participant

Thank you. I agree that the guides at the top of this website are great. You can also use a large tub until you can get a tank. A lot of the time you can have luck just searching 15-20 gallon fish tank online. I know Walmart and Meier have just regular tanks with screens sold separately. But theyre only 10 gallon tanks. For a leopard gecko, youll want at least 15 gallon tank.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});