Topics Forums Chameleons New Chameleon

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

ABMoore22
      Participant
      New Chameleon

Was planning on getting this friendly Jackson Chameleon for my fiance for his birthday from a closing pet shop, but literally the day I had enough money to go get him, someone bought him right before I walked in the door… So, I went to another place to see if they had any. And they had this little awesome guy. He’s a Veiled Chameleon, doesn’t really mind being handled (Though we’re not messing with him too much) and ate for us the first night we brought him home. If anyone knows a handy way of telling their age please let me know. He’s about 3 inches from snout to vent.

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

What a bummer! You waited for that other chameleon for so long. Looks like another nice acquisition took place though. Congratulations!

ABMoore22
        Participant

Yeah, we were pretty sad about it. But everything happens for a reason and this little guy is great. He’s already a funny little character. My fiance is more of a mammal type, (loves all animals, just unsure of holding reptiles) but chameleons have changed his entire outlook. He’s already fed and held this guy a few times.(normally we’d give a new pet more time before handling, but this Cham was held pretty often and is already pretty relaxed and eating well) He’s even playing with my sons Leopard gecko now.

ABMoore22
      Participant

Wanted to show him eating the first night home.! Just fyi. His cage is not complete, I have vines and a fogger coming next week. Humidity doesnt wanna get higher than 50 (and hes shedding) and thats with live plants, a waterfall and misting a few times a day. Hoping a fogger will help if left on 30 mins to an hour a day.

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

Has the humidity problem been solved yet? If so, what worked?

ABMoore22
          Participant

I was being a goof and had it on the very edge of the cage. I moved it to the middle hoping for a more accurate read and now it shows the humidity fluctuating as I spray or turn on the fogger.

ABMoore22
          Participant

I posted this on another thread but wasnt sure if youd see it. “Still havent seen him drink but did see him eat a tiny bit of pothos plant so we added some collard greens in and misted them and he LOVES them. Does anyone know if he can have as much as he wants or is a certain amount too much? And they will help give him hydration, right?”

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});