Topics Forums Chameleons New Chameleon

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar ABMoore22 3 days, 22 hours ago.

• Author
    Posts 1 Favorite
    ABMoore22
    Participant
    New Chameleon

Was planning on getting this friendly Jackson Chameleon for my fiance for his birthday from a closing pet shop, but literally the day I had enough money to go get him, someone bought him right before I walked in the door… So, I went to another place to see if they had any. And they had this little awesome guy. He’s a Veiled Chameleon, doesn’t really mind being handled (Though we’re not messing with him too much) and ate for us the first night we brought him home. If anyone knows a handy way of telling their age please let me know. He’s about 3 inches from snout to vent.

Attachments:
    Zoodulcis

What a bummer! You waited for that other chameleon for so long. Looks like another nice acquisition took place though. Congratulations!

ABMoore22
      Participant

Yeah, we were pretty sad about it. But everything happens for a reason and this little guy is great. He’s already a funny little character. My fiance is more of a mammal type, (loves all animals, just unsure of holding reptiles) but chameleons have changed his entire outlook. He’s already fed and held this guy a few times.(normally we’d give a new pet more time before handling, but this Cham was held pretty often and is already pretty relaxed and eating well) He’s even playing with my sons Leopard gecko now.

ABMoore22
    Participant

Wanted to show him eating the first night home.! Just fyi. His cage is not complete, I have vines and a fogger coming next week. Humidity doesnt wanna get higher than 50 (and hes shedding) and thats with live plants, a waterfall and misting a few times a day. Hoping a fogger will help if left on 30 mins to an hour a day.

Attachments: