Topics Forums Bearded Dragons New Beardies

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Tina White
      Participant
      New Beardies

These beauties are a week old. They are great eaters & will be looking for homes in about 2 months.

ABMoore22
      Participant

Theyre adorable. Are you a breeder or did your pets just happen to surprise you?

Tina White
        Participant

We have 4 adults & breed 1 set each year. This is the first clutch of 3.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Oh wow, they’re beautiful! How long have you been breeding beardies? Do you have a website you can share with the community?

Tina White
        Participant

This is our 2nd year breeding. Right now we sell locally through Facebook, but are working on getting our license to expand.

CritterDepot
          Keymaster

Ah that’s great. I keep thinking about this Simpsons reference when I see that one bearded dragon inside/under the cage.

Any plans to expand into other morphs?

Tina White
          Participant

Not as of now. Mother is a Hypo Zero & dad is a Het, Hypo, Trans

Zoodulcis

Such a neat hobby! How did you get into initially?

Tina White
          Participant

My son & I raise them together. He is a quadriplegic & loves animals. It kind of became our hobby together so that we do things together other than strictly just having the caregiver relationship. He is working on a biology degree and hopes of working for a local theme park or maybe one day opening his own shop.

ABMoore22
          Participant

That’s awesome. Even without disabilities, its always great to do special things with your children that you both enjoy. I wish him all the luck on his degree’s!

Tina White
          Participant

Thanks😄

Zoodulcis

That’s awesome!! Is he specializing in herpetology within his degree?

Tina White
          Participant

He has one more class to finish his associates then we were applying for his bachelors probably at USF and they have biology courses where he can do a focus on animal tracks not sure how close to the herpetology we can get.

Zoodulcis

I love tracking animals by their scat and tracks. Very easy and interesting pastime in the Rockies. But how can he take college courses in this subject? Or would it be through extended studies?

Tina White
          Participant

USF has a bachelor’s in Biology with an few animal tracts such as marine, husbandry, etc. I believe he can specialize in extended studies also.

Zoodulcis

🤣 Animals tracts, not tracks. Very funny miscommunication. I bet he will be able to focus his course of studies in a way that lends itself to amphibian and reptile topics, even if he can’t major in it. Right now the hot topic where all the jobs are is marine, if he is at all interested in that.

Tina White
          Participant

Lol, actually marine animals are his absolute favorite he has an amazing connection with dolphins because they are fascinated with his wheelchair. Due to the disabilities being a quadriplegic it does put some limitations on what he can and cannot do so at this point it’s just a slow steady move forward and exploring options.

Zoodulcis

Exploring options is always a wise course of action. Gosh, wouldn’t it be amazing if he could be in the water, at least a bit of the time, studying marine animals in their native environs! No telling what technology will make possible for him in the near future.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});