Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! my gray tree frog wont eat

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

HadesXxXxFrogs
      Participant

so i need some help my wild caught gray tree frog does not eat they just bury it or leave it alone they sleep alot i really worried can i get some advice

ABMoore22
      Participant

First, you’ll need to make sure you have the correct heat and humidity in the enclosure. Some won’t eat in front of you until they’re used to you. Also, reptiles often don’t eat for the first week or so in a new home. Especially wild caught. I’ve done the same with gray tree frogs though, so we can get ya there. Lmk if you have any questions.

Zoodulcis

Good to hear from you again AB. Your advise is excellent as usual.

ABMoore22
          Participant

Good to be back! And thank you. Great advice on covering them. I always forget that because I keep wild caught on a room to themselves and I just drop food in and leave for like the first few weeks/month, eventually they learn you=food. But I like to take things very slow so not to hurt the trust you do build

Zoodulcis

A reptile room is always a good way to go where possible. But a lot of new owners want to observe their new and novel pet constantly, and they forget about how stressed out the animal might be. One of my side gigs is research on stress, in people and animals, so my mind tends to go there pretty easily.

Zoodulcis

AB is right on about checking the environmental parameters. I will add one additional thing, since these are wild-caught and not used to people walking by, staring at them, etc. their stress levels are constantly elevated. Stressed wild animals tend not to eat. Put a cover over the front of the tank to provide a visual screen for a few days. Then take it off for a few hours each day next week, and eventually when they are used to you and you know they are relaxed and eating, you should be able to leave the cover off.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});