Utmostsphinx
      Participant
      My baby

Just picked her up taking her to her new home.❤

Zoodulcis

Is she settling in OK?

Utmostsphinx
        Participant

She has all her hair gone on her back when i got her. I moved her to a 10 gallon tank cause she was in a five gallon tank an barely had any room an bedding to burrow if she wanted. I went an got her a better water bowl cause the one she had was super tiny. Shes still irritated.i go to touch her with a straw to see how she acts before i go and pick her up with my hand an she gets really mad so im gonna leave her alone but i have gave her a cricket she killed it an left it. So idk if shes not hungry or just stressed. Shes been moving around an exploring her tank since i added deeper bedding an a hide house cause she didnt have one of those either.

Zoodulcis

She may not be very hungry, but I bet she is definitely stressed. If it were me, I would leave her be, other than attending to her water, for two weeks. I wouldn’t even offer her food. I know it seems counterintuitive, but others who have had this problem with new pets have changed their expectations for the first 14 days with arthropods, reptiles, and amphibians that were new to their home, and have always reported satisfactory results. We want to feed them as a sign that we are providing for them and for the reassurance that they are healthy and happy, but non-mammals do life so very much differently, it’s almost hard to comprehend. Leave her alone for a while and I bet (I hope) that she will be a different girl in a while.

Utmostsphinx
          Participant

Okay thank you so much. I just hope she gets less stressed.

Zoodulcis

I can pretty much guarantee that you will see a positive difference. Let us know in a couple of weeks if she seems more relaxed.

Utmostsphinx
          Participant

Of course.! 😊

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});