Topics Forums Chameleons Meet St Jimmy (again)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

tamoroso
      Participant
      Meet St Jimmy (again)

💚 Sweet grumpy boy 💚

Zoodulcis

When did we first see this grumpy man?

Zoodulcis

Perhaps the comment was regarding the post with no photo attached?

tamoroso
          Participant

Yes, something happened with the first upload, the ‘again’ was just reference to that. 🙂

Zoodulcis

Gotcha. How long have you had this grumpy faced boy with the gentle manners?

tamoroso
          Participant

Just four months, he’s is 7 about months old. He’s really very sweet, I just thought he looked grumpy in the pic.

Zoodulcis

There seems to be such a wide variety of personalities in chameleons. Some really are grumpy, but some forum members have reported that their’s are so friendly that they desperately try to cling to their owner’s arms when it’s time to go back into their enclosure. Some others can’t wait to get back in, and make a threat display every time they are handled. I was just curious. Is your guy out and about in your house most days?

tamoroso
          Participant

Yes, he loves being out and about. He has his favorite window spot and he likes to explore. He’s basically out whenever I’m home. He does cling onto me when I have to put him back in because he wants to be out all the time. His personality is pretty chill. Something I found interesting, I recently acquired two leopard geckos and St Jimmy has shown a lot of interest in them. When they’re active he will sit on top of their cage and watch them. They’re too young to be out yet, I’m curious how they’ll react to each other when they’re older.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like a potential cross-species friendship. I’ve seen weirder. So cute that he tries to cling to you. Were the leopard geckos a planned acquisition, or pretty spontaneous?

tamoroso
          Participant

The Leo’s were planned 🙂

Zoodulcis

Nice. You sure have a full house now! Little Leo smiles to counterbalance the grumpy face. Will St. Jimmy ever have a missus?

tamoroso
          Participant

I haven’t decided yet, but it is a possibility!

Zoodulcis

Probably not something to rush into, but I know it must be tempting.

Does St. Jimmy have a favorite food?

tamoroso
          Participant

Yes, it’s tempting but, as you know, it’s a significant time investment. We’ll see when he’s a bit older 🙂

Favorite foods…BSFL and hibiscus leaves!

Zoodulcis

Hibiscus leaves! Not the flowers?

tamoroso
          Participant

Nope, won’t touch the flowers! He doesn’t seem to have a sweet tooth at all. He’ll snack on hibiscus leaves, jade, ice plant, some mustard greens but no flowers, no fruit. Of course his staple diet is crickets with some BSFLs and mealworms. Trying to get him interested in dubias but no luck yet.

Zoodulcis

What a funny little man. He knows what he likes.

Where did you acquire him?

tamoroso
          Participant

I liberated him from Petsmart 😬
          Not where I’d usually look but he appeared healthy and active so I took a chance. Fortunately it worked out this time. If I decide to get a mrs Jimmy it’ll be from a local shop.

Zoodulcis

You got lucky, but you also knew what to look for in the way of signs of a healthy appearing animal. Many Petsmart patrons either don’t know what a sick animal looks like, or they see a sick animal, and decide to rescue it by paying full price for it. Which of course just encourages the company to maintain those business practices 😣🤨

Jimmy is a lucky rascal to have you. How are the Leos doing?

tamoroso
          Participant

The Leo’s are well! Their color has really come up with the last couple of sheds.

Zoodulcis

Nice to hear! If you feel like posting pictures of them in their new duds, please do!

D P Boscia
          Participant

When my chams are out for the day they don’t mind sharing the light with our free range anoles. Sometimes they just roll their eyes at them! 😂

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});