Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! just got pacman frog

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

yeyah
      Participant

hi i just got a pacman frog 5 days ago. i’m concerned he hasn’t eat at all yet. when i got him they said he’d eaten 6 crickets that day so i didnt feed him for 2 days but it’s been 2 days since then and he still hasn’t eaten. i only have mealworms at the moment and i’m wondering if i should buy crickets. unless this is normal? i don’t know, i’m just worried.

Zoodulcis

This is pretty normal. Being transferred from one habitat to another is stressful, and when stressed they hide and recover, but slowly. Food is not nearly as important right now as hydration. Make sure your new friend sits in his/her water dish for 1/2 hour a day. Other than ensuring this takes place, do not, do not, handle this pet right now. The only exception is putting him in the water dish if you are unsure. Don’t even think about this pet being interested in food for about two weeks. In the meantime, read all you can, including the care guide on this site.

yeyah
        Participant

okay, thank you so much. i’ve only handled him a few times and that was when i had to move his cage and didn’t want him to get hurt. he does soak for about 30 minutes every day but most of the time he’s burrowed. i’ll try feeding him next week.

Zoodulcis

Okey dokey, and if no luck next week please update us again and we’ll take it from there.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});