Topics Forums Chameleons Jackson Chameleon Info/Questions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

ABMoore22
      Participant

Hello, All! I know basic care and info on Jackson Chameleon’s, but I was wondering if there is any helpful info, tips or just things people dont typically think of to their care. Thanks for any info. My local pet shop is closing for good and Ive had my eye of this friendly Jackson for a long time and (always wanted one) I’d love to finally get him as soon as the reptiles go on sale. (due to income and it being near Christmas, I cannot afford the normal price they have on him at the moment. So just waiting for him to go on sale) Just wanna make sure I have all info available first. Thank you!

Zoodulcis

AB, you have quite a bit of practical knowledge already. My only suggestion is that if the pet store is closing, they may be experiencing sufficient financial hardship that they have cut corners with their pet care. I would definitely advise a wellness exam, complete with stool sample, to make sure the animal is healthy, and that no medical measures are required to keep him in excellent shape. It may be well worth the added expense in the long run.

ABMoore22
        Participant

Thank you. And I agree, that’s why I’m wanting to get him. I’m in there every week and I see so many people buying these pets that know close to nothing about their care (including the employees, unfortunately. They’ve told me so many things I know to be false.) This cham kinda knows us now and comes to the glass to greet us, so im doing all i can to get him. I don’t want him doing to someone who knows little and cant afford his care. Normally I dont support big corp pet shops by buying pets, but this guy has grown on me. Hes only been there a month and employeed just found out they were closing (due to covid, everyones shopping on chewy). Supposedly hes captive bred (which i believe because hes so friendly) they’ve kept up with his care and all that. But ill still get him checked out. So far ive seen no negative signs on him thankfully.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});