Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Ruth
      Participant
      I’m just leaping for a vote

Hi, my name is Kermie. I’m leaping for joy at the sound of crickets

Zoodulcis

Good name, because that is one green creature! How many crickets per week does that ‘hoppy’ pet consume?

Ruth
        Participant

About 7 or 8 a week. But if he had his way, he eat them all

Zoodulcis

If he did that he would resemble Kermit less and less as his girth gets bigger and bigger. How long have you had him?

Ruth
          Participant

We had found him in our yard, which is very weird. We’re on a golf course with no lakes or ponds around. And we feed our local cats, raccoons, and skunks, and possums, which the raccoons we saved and released as well as the possums. So we didn’t want him to be a treat. So we took him in and was going to release him at a pond. But after he escaped his tank, and I walked in the animal room and saw him just hanging out on my chair, didn’t move I sat down and he jumped on my shoulder. I looked at him and said okay you can stay…and so the story goes….it’s so funny but at night you look out my back door and it’s like animal kingdom with respect for one another. The skunks eating and the cat, waits behind him til he’s done. Then I gotta refill the bowl, cause after the cat comes the raccoons, their used to us, so when I open the door they coming running over, so I gotta be quick get the food out and shut the door! Sometimes there’re all out their mommy skunk has her 3 kids with her, the coons bring their babies over…it’s crazy here

Zoodulcis

OMG, that’s hilarious. OK, I gotta ask. In general, do you feel that your intimate association with all of these creatures great and small (top 5 favorite TV series for me back in the day, plus I read all of the books) may be helping you all to cope with Covid and it’s various constraints these days?

Ruth
          Participant

Oh yes, in fact, it keeps me busty since I create their enclosures out of styrofoam, and mortar, paint, and expanding foam. I saw this on YouTube and it’s really cool ifyou enjoy it. My hubby even made me my own section of a she shed table with all my tools and stuff. I’m doing a rock waterfall now for my basilisks, which are not rescued, we actually ordered them. So I’m doing a paladarium for them which takes time for everything to cure to make it safe. But they will have all water on the bottom with lots of climbing space, my husband is also going to cut some glass to make a taller enclosure for them

Zoodulcis

That sounds so satisfying. Basilisks are greatest!

You mentioned something on Youtube, but there was no link in this thread. I am curious, so unless I can find it in another thread, would you be so kind as to provide that for me?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});