Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! How often should I mist my frog tank?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Hannah
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I have two white tree frogs in a tank and I was wondering how often I should mist their tank. The humidity levels usually stay within the same range, I like to keep it between 70-80%. Should I still mist it even though the humidity level is okay? I don’t wanna make it too humid for them. Is misting still needed when the humidity level is in a good spot? Thanks.

Zoodulcis

Greetings Hannah,

Excellent questions. Since you have a method for keeping the humidity at a very nice level, don’t change it. Excess humidity can lead to respiratory problems. I think misting once per day, which will cause the humidity to rise and then fall back down again, is plenty. Keep the humidity closely monitored as the seasons change, and if it drops below 70% for a couple of days, misting twice will not be too much. When you do mist daily, be sure to use spring water or dechlorinated tap water. Misting twice daily during dry spells with distilled water can cause metabolic problems.

I hope this response was helpful and feel free to ask for clarication if you have additional questions.

Hannah
        Participant

Thank you! This helps a lot!

BM22
      Participant

Yeah I agree. Zoodulcis seems to know her stuff as far as i can tell. lol I just wanted to Add: If your worried about them getting enough to drink or anything, just keep a bowl of water large enough for them to soak in (that’s how they get most of their water anyway. I’ve never seen my green tree frogs drink, only soak). This may also make humidity rise though, so just keep track.

Hannah
        Participant

Yeah I have a decent sized water bowl in there too. Today for some reason it’s been kinda lower near 60, which is weird since for a few days it’s been around 70%. The top of the tank is screen but also has a plastic cover on it to keep in the humidity so i’m not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions? I don’t want it to drop too low while i’m sleeping or not home

Zoodulcis

This would be a good time to mist twice per day. Does the plastic cover fit tightly?

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});