Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Howard
      Participant
      Hopz homies

“what’s hoppin!?!”

Zoodulcis

That sure is a lovely habitat, and those frogs must be very happy. Is it bioactive?

Howard
        Participant

yea its almost self sustaining

Zoodulcis

Do you have to clean out and sterilize things yearly?

Howard
          Participant

no its been running like this for 3 years now i just put a sreen lid on there it has a glass top and got too moist inside but the few of the plants did great but the smell was so bad i needed it burp the tank daily. i add to the tank small low light plants here and there but its been a happy tank i will post my other tank soon and its similar to this one.

Zoodulcis

Please do, and three years is impressive. Do you have any detritivores in there such as springtail, etc? Of course, the froggies might eat them, but maybe not all. Just a thought.

Howard
          Participant

i have lost of pill bugs around my house from all the trees and i find myself putting them in the tanks from time to time so they help alot for both food and tank cleaning

Zoodulcis

While pill bugs are great detrivores, they are notorious for their internal parasite load. If the pet does eat them occasionally, then the end result could be more harm than good. Better to order captive-raised, clean springtails from a supply house. They will reproduce in the habitat regularly and you may only need one order to keep the habitat really clean perpetually.

Howard
          Participant

thanks for the heads up i will do that!👍😁

Zoodulcis

Let us know how it works out!

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});