Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Hi Everyone! Meet Leo:)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Summer
      Participant
      Hi Everyone! Meet Leo:)

Hi guys! My name is Leo! I am a juvenile bearded dragon and I was adopted my my mommy, Summer. We have been doing EVERYTHING together. I sit on her shoulder while she gets ready for work, we watch movies together, and even make a couple tik toks:) If I am not getting enough attention, I will crawl up and sit on mommy’s face so she will play with me. I LOVEEE eating crickets and my mom has to go to the store every 2-3 days to get me fresh crickets. My mommy is a college student and we move into her apartment where she won’t have a car, she’s going to have to order crickets for me or find ways to get to the store which is not going to be easy. So we thought we would apply to win FREE crickets for a year! Winning this would be amazing for us! I would get all the crickets I want and it would save my mommy a LOT of money!

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

Leo, it’s smart to try to save your college student mommy some cash. Tell your mommy that the best way to win is to get all of her friends to log into this forum and give her a critter gold. In the past, it seems that mommies and daddies of wee pets that have about 35 golds end up winning. That’s a lot of friends!! But no harm in trying.

Were you a rescue, by any chance? Your statement mentioned adopted.

Summer
        Participant

Hi! Leo was adopted from Petco hahaha. I have gotten pets from Petco in the past and have not had an issue yet. But after I got him I was warned that often bearded dragons from Petco don’t usually last more than a few days, which worried me because I did not know how sick Petco pets tend to be. But I have had him for over a month, and he seems to be healthy and doing well. I am keeping a close eye on him now to make sure he stays healthy and if there are any issues I will take him in immediately:)

Zoodulcis

Yes, do keep an eye on him. Petco has a better reputation than Petsmart, but not by much. Their turnover in staff and animals is just too high to provide conscientious care and make purchases of pet animals for resale from reliable and conscientious breeders. For instance, another forum member lost her new beardie after only two weeks after purchase from a big box store. The young beardie had a highly contagious virus common in crowded commercial breeder’s set-ups. She will be going straight to a local breeder for the next one. I’m very glad that he is well so far.

When do the two of you head off to school?

Summer
          Participant

Thats so sad that they lost their beardie, I would be so heartbroken!! Leo and I head off to school mid august! Can’t wait to go back!! 🙂

Zoodulcis

Yeah, she was pretty torn up about it. What are you majoring in at school? Zoology I hope! 😉😋

Summer
          Participant

hahhaha! Unfortunately not, this past year I was studying computer science but I realized how much of the rest of my life I would be spending on a computer and how little time I would actually be able to talk to and interact with people face-to-face so I changed my major to journalism in the hopes of becoming a newscaster. I figured I should try it out and see if I end up liking it!!

Zoodulcis

Whooa…journalism will give you plenty of face to face contact, that’s for sure. You will be happy to get home and decompress with your chill and silent pet. Will you be a sophomore?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});