Topics Forums Frogs – Pixies, Pacmans, & More! HELP FAST! Tiny bugs!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Rosalina
      Participant

I was in my pacmans tank for some daily spot cleaning and mixing substrate, when I saw a white glob on my heat mat, i just rinsed it off and went about. Then I saw some little bugs that are like a bug and a worm kinda. I looked it up and it might be mites or springtails. Then when i checked the other heat mat there was 3 globs on it! are those egg sacs. Its weird because I dont have any clean up crew or dead things in there like bugs or poop. Its really cold so I am not sure if I can clean the whole tank out. But I am super worried, should I be?

Zoodulcis

There is simply no way to know just from a description. Could be spider mites, but impossible to be sure.

Rosalina Mangino
        Participant

Should I just clean his tank out? Or do you think he can wait until its warmer?

Zoodulcis

If you feel you should completely clean his tank, start by sterilizing one heating pad first. Then wrap it in a towel and plug it in. Let the towel heat for 1/2 hour in a container with a loose lid. Then put the frog in and secure the lid. This should give you an hour at least to thoroughly clean the enclosure. Remember to either replace the substrate completely, or put it in the oven on 175 for 1/2 hour to kill bugs and pathogens. If you use bleach to clean the inside of the tank, you should refer to the pacman care guide on the critter depot site and review the section on cleaning.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});