Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Help boy or girl

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 1 Favorite

isabella w
      Participant
      Help boy or girl

Breeder said they picked a girl out for me, but now I’m starting to believe my gecko Mira is a dude

ABMoore22
      Participant

The only way a breeder could have made sure you got a fmale is if they kept the egg at a specific temp. You can’t really tell wat they re until they get a few month old.

I’m no pro, but this looks like a male to me. I see femoral pores an a slight bulge at the base of tail. Its quite rare for a female to have the pores. Bulges are a tiny bit small for me to say for sure but, If the bulge keeps getting bigger, I’d say male 100%. I hv a male and they’re plenty friendly and live longer than females, so I hope that make you feel a little better. I’m sure Zoo wi reply to this, she is a pro. Lol. 😆

ChickenMann123
        Participant

Daaaaang! I would have honsetly never knew that. Seems like you know your gecko facts!

ABMoore22
          Participant

Well, now youve learned something new! lol. Leopard Geckos are one of my favorite reptiles. I read/watch anything that has any animal information in it and Ive also been on this forum for a while now and have learned even more since ive been here. Zoo (other person who commented here) is a encyclopedia all to herself and isnt afraid to share her wealth of knowledge.

ChickenMann123
          Participant

Zoodulcis? She does seem like a very knowledgeable person! I also see her commenting on many other peoples posts like you do

ABMoore22
          Participant

Yup. She was a Zoologist and pretty much runs this forum. Im just a huge animal nerd that rescues, rehabs and rehomes. Ive met wonderful vets who have taught me a lot as well as learning all i can on my own. I just like to kinda pay it forward to anyone who needs any info i may have.

ChickenMann123
          Participant

Thats really nice, good for you!

Zoodulcis

Depending on the age, you may be able to see the hemipenes inside the body. Darken the room completely, then shine a flashlight from the top side just above the hips. Hold your pet so that the bottom side is easily visible. Two long organs on either side of midline of the body may be visible. Again, it depends on the lizard’s age. If older than 6 months, something should be visible.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});