Topics Forums Ball Pythons Genetic Stripe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

Rachel Padgett
      Participant
      Genetic Stripe

This is KoKoMo! She is a for sure diva! She wants to be held 99% of the time! She likes to be covered with a soft blanket. She also LOVES kisses all over! She is spoiled rotten!

Zoodulcis

Do you find that these morphs tend to be more affectionate than more wild type colors?  Did you get all of your snakes from one breeder or from different ones?

Rachel Padgett
      Participant

Yes i do! 2 of my 3 girls are Genetic Stripe and they are the sweetest ever. We actually got all 3 of our girls from our local PetSmart. ☺

Zoodulcis

I wonder why that is?  It is not generally true for dogs, although it can be.  Dogs bred specifically for a look rather than temperament often exhibit a degradation of cognition and personality.  I call Lady and the Tramp syndrome.  Decades ago, when the Disney movie first came out, people rushed out to buy golden cocker spaniels.  The puppy mill result of that was deeply neurotic and fear biting dogs that entered the rescue stream, pounds and shelters by the thousands.  Same with 101 Dalmations.  That’s why I find the color morph/superior personality correlation surprising.  I may try to look this up and see if any research has been done but there may not be, just people’s anecdotal experiences, which can also be full of interesting information and sometimes indicate a valid trend or phenomenon.  I know that if I ever get around to acquiring another Ball, I will definitely consider a genetic stripe!

Rachel Padgett
      Participant

R.I.P our KoKoMo! We miss you dearly! You were the best snake anyone could ask for! Your were the first snake I ever held! Mommy will never forget you! 🐍💙

Zoodulcis

Oh I’m so sorry. Their absence does leave a gap in our hearts.

Viewing 4 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});