Topics Forums Lizards Free Crickets

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 5 Favorite

ashleycrayz76
      Participant
      Free Crickets

This is my Frilled Dragon Thrill. One of my newest additions to my reptile family. He loves crickets and hornworms. He loves me to spray him with water.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by ashleycrayz76.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by ashleycrayz76.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by CritterDepot.

Shannon
      Participant

He is so cool! I have been thinking about what I might get after my leopard gecko. Are frilled dragons easy to take care of?

Shannon
        Participant

What is the most interesting/funny thing Thrill has done?

ashleycrayz76
          Participant

He’s fun to watch when he eats. When I feed him his hornworms, his neck flap, sticks out when he eats. My son just thinks it the funniest.

ashleycrayz76
        Participant

Yes and no, they have to have a controlled environment. They eat alot. And will grow to almost 2 1/2 feet. I have a leopard gecko too.

Shannon
          Participant

Sounds like its not to difficult to take care of them.
          How old are you lizards; Do you have any other reptiles?
          I have had my gecko for 19 years and my son has a bearded dragon.

ashleycrayz76
          Participant

I just got Thrill a few months ago. Adopted the gecko a month ago and I also have 3 bearded dragons. A ball python, a corn snake. 2 gopher snakes a Chinese box turtle and a African Sulcata tortoise. And 5 chickens and 5 dogs. Almost a mini zoo

Shannon
          Participant

Thats awesome! I know what in a zoo. We have a farm with pigs, rabbits, chickens, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, a goat, not to mention our dogs, cats, fish, parrot, and my brothers Chinese water dragon. I may have forgotten something but we live on 20 acres of land.

Zoodulcis

An out and out reptile house, if you ask me. I bet that crew goes through a lot of crickets each month. About how many would you say the whole crew consumes monthly?

ashleycrayz76
          Participant

The Frilled Dragon and gecko go thru about 200 medium cricket a month. My 3 bearded dragons and the Frilled lizard go thru quite a few hornworms and super worms. I’ve started my own super worm farm a year ago And just got hornworms going too. Waiting on the king moths to hatch.

Zoodulcis

With that many scaley children, I can see why you are raising you own worms. Do any of these guys each dubia roaches ever?

ashleycrayz76
          Participant

I’ve never tried to feed them the Dubai roaches. My bearded dragons are kinda picky. One of them won’t even eat crickets. He love his hornworms thou

Zoodulcis

It’s interesting how individual and picky in their tastes certain reptile pets can be. Keeps things interesting! Have you been interested in these guys your whole life?

ashleycrayz76
          Participant

I was raised around reptiles. My step father had snakes and bearded dragons. When I was 6yrs he had a 6ft albino python. I have a picture somewhere of me holding it. He was an advent hunter. One time we went camping and hunting and I caught a chuckawala lizard. I had him for almost 12yrs.

Zoodulcis

What a great childhood!! I suspected something of the sort since I was a San Diego zoo brat myself, nearly my whole family worked there and I spent dozens of hours in the reptile house as a little kid, just watching the action when anything was up and about. It does tend to stick with you your whole life, those early childhood animal experiences.

ashleycrayz76
          Participant

I love the San Diego Zoo. I grew up in Orange and my grandmother had season passes and would take us all the time. Love the train ride around the park

Zoodulcis

Sounds like you went to the Wild Animal Park quite a bit. Most of my misspent youth was at the Balboa Park location. I worked for the zoo as an adult later in life and eventually became a zoologist. No surprises there!

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Beautiful! Is this the same frilled dragon you shared a few months ago? Or is this a new mate? Can you share a pic of his habitat? I imaging it offers plenty of climbing gear!

ashleycrayz76
        Participant

Yes it is. He’s already doubled in size

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});