Topics Forums Everything Else Feeder contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Christine
      Participant
      Feeder contest

Oscars clean bill of health and ready to go home!

Zoodulcis

Looks like Oscar is still at the vet. Is he a rescue? What all did you have him checked for, and if I may ask, how much did it cost?

Christine
        Participant

That was his final visit. No not a rescue ive had him for 4 years. I came home one night from work and he looked dead. Rushed him to the vet where they said he had passed. Then they came back out and said he was not dead. He had to stay at the hospital for week. His kidneys were failing. By the time he was fixed up it was $35000.00. But we’ll worth it to keep my baby alive.

Zoodulcis

Your post indicated a vet bill of $35,000. For one week of hospitalization for one reptile. Surely there is an extra 0 or two in that figure.

Amazing that they were able to save him. What are you doing now to make sure his kidneys don’t go south again?

Christine
          Participant

Lol it was 3,500. I got him a spray bottle an I spray him everyday. He gets 3 baths a week. And I blend his greens into a smoothie and give it to him with a syringe.

Zoodulcis

Still $3,500 is a stunning vet bill. Thank you for sharing that in case other forum members need to be prepared. I wrote an article on pet insurance a while back. When I go to update it, I may want to use this information without any names involved. Just as a true-life example.

Are you misting him with water only? Was he dehydrated? I’m just not sure I am adequately making the connection between kidney failure and your current at-home therapy. I really am curious!

Christine
          Participant

It was a little crazy of vet bill, there The only emergency vet around that takes bearded dragons.The vet said he was dehydrated that’s what caused the kidney failure. He’s not much of a veggie eater so he wasn’t getting water from that and I would give him water when he would take it but that was rare. With the spray bottle he seems to like it. I spray him untill he stops licking the spray bottle then I know hes done.
          I realized after this that we deffinantly needed insurance. So we have that now.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});