Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Eliot the great

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

owen d spencer
      Participant
      Eliot the great

Eliot is a three month old beardie that is very lovely and friendly, he loves to sleep in his tree,hammock,wooden tower, but most of all he loves to be a lazy bum on his rock…while staring at me.

Zoodulcis

Eliot is looking good!  I can see a bit of difference between the two photos. Just curious, do you handle him a couple of times a week for fun and habituation to you, or is it just for weighing?

owen d spencer
      Participant

Yes, I try to take him out every day for at least 30ish minutes, then on every Sunday he gets weighed and measured, but when I measure him he try’s and runs off so it’s hard to measure him.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like Eliot needs an adjustable lizard harness.  You can get one on Etsy for about $8.00. It might make the Sunday weigh-in less stressful for both of you.  How much weight does he seem to gain each week?

owen d spencer
      Participant

He gains about 2 to 3 grams a week, he is currently 24g, I’ll think about buying a harness for him

Zoodulcis

That sounds like a very good rate of gain.  What do you supplement his diet with, in addition to crickets?

Viewing 5 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});