Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Draco my bearded.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

John Banuelos
      Participant
      Draco my bearded.

I adopted him at 9 months old. The lady didn’t realize they need uvb so he is now crippled. I brought him back to life once when he died and we been best buds since.

Zoodulcis

He died? And then you resuscitated him? How? There seems to be quite an interesting story here.

John Banuelos
        Participant

Yeah, when we first got him we did not realize the bulb he had was not UVB. All his symptoms at the time showed that it was part of the shredding process which happened to be what he was doing at the time.
        By the time I realized it was more he was on the verge of death. We took him to the vet and the vet said he had a 30% chance of survival. he gave us a syringe and we started grinding the internals of superworms and crickets. I hand fed him and a week later he was great although his front claws are forever deformed.
        A couple of weeks after that I had my son holding him in his bath while I was cleaning out his tank and my son didn’t realize that he was drinking non stop water which in turn his basically drowned himself.
        I immediately started rubbing his chest and belly and removed all the excess water from his throat and mouth but he died in my hands upside down. went cold and no heart beat.
        I placed him in the tank on his back, walked away for a minute to think and then went back to continue cleaning out his throat and rubbing his chest. 15 seconds later he started breathing again, opened his eyes, tongued my hand lol. I turned him over and put him on his log as close to the heat lamp as possible and kept rubbing him.
        Now months later he is the King LOL.
        Likes blueberries, any insects, and carrots outside of his greens.
        I never have to guess when he is hungry he lets me know.

Zoodulcis

Are you kidding me!!! That is the first account of successful CPR on a reptile that I have heard of. I have done something similar on a goat that worked when she was a newborn and at 4 years old now she has serious attitude and is definitely the queen of the herd. What is up with that, I wonder. What makes animals that get a second chance so full of themselves? Thoughts?

John Banuelos
        Participant

I don’t know and I never have done it before but I had 3 witnesses lol

Zoodulcis

Three witnesses to a miracle. Not bad. Perhaps he feels as though he had a super tough start in life, but he made it and he is the king!

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});