• Author
    Posts Favorite

Nikki Layne
      Participant

Zoodulcis

Is she easy to handle?

Nikki Layne
        Participant

Chameleons are more finnicky and require more work than beardies for sure. They aren’t very social creatures and would rather not be messed with. Karma on the other hand loves b int putnof her cage and held. She even vacuums the floor with me, goes on drives with me.

Zoodulcis

That was my impression, that sometimes Chammies can be standoffish. How nice for you that your’s is so different! And the sound of the vacuum doesn’t scare her! What a wonderful pet. What do you gut load her crickets with?

Nikki Layne
          Participant

They get cricket food with calcium, and potatoes,carrots, kale, squash, etc…
          I’m actually starting a dubia colony but it’s slow going right now and in the m anytime they get crickets.

Zoodulcis

I have heard that dubia colonies do take time, but in the end are well worth it because of the savings in feed. Do you have a UVB bulb for Karma?

Nikki Layne
          Participant

Yes, she has a UVB light. I’m actually in the process of upgrading everyone’s (I have 4 babies) habitat with better lights, more climbing structures, etc…while we sit here in quarentine, I have nothing better to do expect shop on Amazon and build cages, lol.

Zoodulcis

I know the feeling! I ended up starting seeds indoors for a vegetable garden, since it’s plain I won’t be doing any traveling during the growing season. So much fun. Do you have your 4 together or in separate habitats?

Nikki Layne
          Participant

Oh yes, we are indoor gardening as well. we are trying to grow potatoes from potatoes, lettuce from lettuce, onions from onions. We shall see how it works out, LOL

No, we don’t have them all together. I have a bearded dragon, a chameleon, a ball python, and a hedgehog.

Zoodulcis

What a diverse crew! All some my personal favorites. Cage cleaning and food management must keep you jumpin’! Do you get family members’ help with all of that? If so, who does what?

Nikki Layne
          Participant

They keep me busy for sure. The only help I recruit is from my 11 year old. She likes to get the roaches, clean their enclosure, and she likes to feed the snake.

Zoodulcis

An eleven-year old that likes to feed the snake! Sounds familiar to me, since my daughter liked feeding her ball python at that age a well. Not squeamish, these kids.

How far along with your roach colony are you?

nixi
      Participant

gave you some critter gold please give my baby chameleon some in return!

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});