Posts Favorite

Chris Bell
      Participant

Chris Bell
      Participant

This is Olive’s house

ABMoore22
        Participant

This is hilarious. I love this. Half jungle, half home.

Zoodulcis

Very creative approach! How big altogether is the enclosure?

Chris Bell
          Participant

It is a Zen Habitats 48”x24”x24” which is equivalent to about a 120 ga. aquarium.

Zoodulcis

I thought it looked pretty roomy. Very posh. Is he your first beardie?

Chris Bell
          Participant

Yes, that is Olive. Bought her as a baby in June. I am assuming that she is about 6 mo. old. My wife bought the bed and made the mattress, pictures, drapes and the pillow at the foot of the bed out of dinosaur material.

Zoodulcis

Sorry, she. The motif is hysterical. What a lot of work to put into her home! Who did the custom artwork hanging on the wall?

Chris Bell
          Participant

My wife made picture frames from toothpicks and the pictures are cut out of the same dinosaur material as the bed spread and foot pillow

Zoodulcis

Funny, I thought the little pictures looked painted. Clever idea. Does Olive seem to appreciate all of the work you do in interior design?

Chris Bell
          Participant

She did at first but not so much now. She will jump up on the bed ever so often and knock over the stuffed gecko animal. She mostly hangs out on the over end of the enclosure and basks on her ledge or branches.

Zoodulcis

Now that is interesting. It appears that she has started to prefer the naturalistic side. She must be able to tell the difference and is making a choice that reflects outdoor objects. Fascinating!

Chris Bell
          Participant

You can decide whether to believe this or not, but my wife has Olive potty trained. Olive does not like to poop in her habitat. My wife gets her out at least once a day and holds her on a puppy pad to go poop. I have attached a photo that illustrates the process.

Zoodulcis

Oh I do believe you! I had one baby goat, and only one out of dozens, that I potty trained. She would have to drop raisins when the urge came, but boy would she hold the pee until she was taken outside. Of course, most indoor baby goat rescues just pee where ever and you have to have a towel at the ready. I believe Olive is potty trained, and how very very nice for you all.

Chris Bell
      Participant

Olives new cave from Zen habitats. It has a removable natural slate stone top that retains heat. She loves it as an alternate basking location.

Zoodulcis

She is queen of the new cave, and boy, does she know it! I think the slate is a brilliant passive solar basking area.

Chris Bell
          Participant

Any second now, crickets will fall from the sky!

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});