Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket Contest – Luci!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

iloveluci
      Participant
      Cricket Contest – Luci!

This is Luci’s face as she zeroes in on a cricket.

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

The intense concentration of a cricket ambush moment..both eyes forward! She sure blends in with her surroundings. How old is she?

iloveluci
        Participant

She is 4 months old.
        Yes, love when both eyes focus in on something. And then her tongue starts peeping out…so cute!
        Do you have a chameleon?

Zoodulcis

I don’t have any now, but planning on it soon. Used to tend some at the San Diego Zoo many many years ago and fell in love. They are extremely special reptiles. How did you decide to get one?

iloveluci
          Participant

Oh wow, how many chameleons were there at the zoo? I’m imagining their enclosure must’ve been massive and decked out πŸ˜€

It was completely unexpected for myself and my partner. We went over to a friend’s place – he had two chameleons – and just fell in love. So when the friend’s chameleons had babies, we took one in. Best day ever haha.

Zoodulcis

As I recall, it was about 3 feet wide and 6 feet high. Pretty decked out!!

What do you gut load your crickets with?

iloveluci
          Participant

There are always Flukers Orange Cubes in the cricket pens but that’s boring so we make tiny salads for them with apples, lettuce, oranges, and oatmeal sprinkled on top. And then they hop around in small jars of calcium powder before we feed them to Luci. TBH, the crickets are so cute I feel bad sometimes πŸ™ They have such adorable “faces”

Zoodulcis

Wow it sounds like you are doing everything right with the gut loading. I must say however, that you are the first forum member to comment on the cuteness of crickets. Dang, you really are a hardcore animal loverπŸ˜†

I shouldn’t talk because I thing praying mantis’ have cute faces!

Du Shik
      Participant

Wasn’t this the villain in Monster’s Inc?

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});