Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket Contest! Inky, the Leo.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

BM22
      Participant
      Cricket Contest! Inky, the Leo.

This little chunk is Inky, the Leopard Gecko. He loves eating all kinds of bugs, especially crickets, and likes to try and climb up the glass to get out when he see’s us. His favorite places are his underground cave and our sleeves and pockets. He’s a little magician! He went from a little boys birthday gift, to his best friend overnight.

We have 9 other critters that LOVE eating crickets besides Inky here, so we’d REALLY appreciate a year of crickets for them. #CricketContest.

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

AB…nine is a lot of little mouths to feed. You need to win! Get all of your friends to log on and give you a critter gold before the end of the month. No guarantees, but some folks have won with as few as 20 or so golds. Some months, the winner has had more than 35! You just never know. I do see how involved you are on this forum and would love to see you win, so there is a little insider information for you. Best of luck!

BM22
        Participant

You arent kidding! lol. I enjoy all the info and animal stuff here. Id love to win though! I hadnt thought of actually asking people to go and vote for me. Thanks!

Zoodulcis

No problem and I will be watching to see how you are doing 😉

BM22
          Participant

Thanks, fingers crossed. lol

Zoodulcis

You’re off to a strong start, but another member is already up to 11 golds. And the race is on!

BM22
          Participant

Lol. I saw that. Its a cute crestie though! I didnt know people fed them insects, i just assumed they mostly all ate fresh fruits or commercial Crested food. So, ya learn something new everyday.

BM22
      Participant

Thank you sooo much for the votes! Really appreciate it!

BM22
      Participant

I forgot to add a picture of his tank! He has an underground cave on the left and I added a second level I made with hot glue and slate tiles after I took this picture. Plan to expand on it a little when I get more supplies.

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

Very nice abode! Looks like day spa.

BM22
          Participant

Thank you. I try to make my tanks as close to their natural environment as possible. He went from a tall 10 gallon with sand and 8 other geckos, to what hes in now.

BM22
      Participant

I wanted to thank everyone for the votes, I was really hoping to win this month due to the number of reptiles I own (about 11 total now, 1 Leo, 6 anoles, 2 house geckos, 2 frogs and growing with another rescue Leopard Gecko this month. Plus I own 2 sugar gliders that love crickets too). Doesn’t look like that will happen this month, but I will try again. Thank you to everyone, I really enjoy this site regardless. I wish more people came here for more than just the cricket contest.

Attachments:

ABMoore22
      Participant

I just saw this little guy slithering through the substrate like a snake. lol. At first I got worried because I’d never seen him do that. Then I remembered he was close to shedding so I placed him next to his rocks (new enclosure, so hes still learning his way) and he began rubbing off his shed on them. Just wanted to add that, so nobody else saw the same an worried. 😀

Zoodulcis

I bet you’re right! Be sure to keep the humidity a bit higher and keep an eye on his toes to make sure he has a safe and complete shed.

ABMoore22
          Participant

Oh for sure. I keep it about 40 in the tank and keep a humid hide in there at all times that’s higher. So far he’s never had a bad shed, with any left on toes, tail or head. Just hadn’t seem him rub on the substrate before lol

Zoodulcis

Pets seem to be so good at finding new ways to worry their humans. No chance his behavior could be due to mites, is there?

Viewing 5 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});