Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest for free crickets.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

Kyla Workman
      Participant
      Cricket Contest for free crickets.

Baby bearded dragons finally hatching after 66 days in the incubator.

Zoodulcis

Congratulations and fingers crossed for the other two eggs!

Kyla Workman
        Participant

Thank you and actually all four of this container hatched.

Zoodulcis

Oh nice! Any tips you want to share about successful hatching that you learned through self-study?

Kyla Workman
          Participant

You just gotta be patient when incubating them. A successful hatch normally incubates for about 60-70 days for them to hatch. Always lay the egg down the same way you picked it up , turning or rolling them will cause the embryo (Baby dragon) in the egg to die. Keep the egg substrate moist but not wet so the eggs don’t dry out. Give each egg space from each other. So when they do start hatching they will have room. Make sure the incubator stays at around 85°F. Just don’t try it without an actual incubator , makes life do much easier.

Zoodulcis

That is super helpful advice, especially the part about picking up the eggs and putting them down without turning them. Anyone who has incubated poultry eggs knows that periodic turning is critical for a successful hatch, and might make that mistake with lizard eggs, and end up with a failed hatch. Can you say what the humidity was, more or less?

Kyla Workman
          Participant

I kept the humidity to around 60 but once they started to hatch I made it go up to around 70 to help them hatch.

Zoodulcis

Good to know and thanks for that info. Are you expecting more babies this year?

Kyla Workman
          Participant

Yes actually. Two more clutch tbh.

Zoodulcis

Fingers crossed! Sounds like you may be thinking about beardie hobby farming. Some ventures start that way, I should know.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

That’s amazing! Thanks for sharing these great photos! How long have you been breeding bearded dragons? do you have a website you’d like to share that includes photos of your set up and bearded dragon family?

Kyla Workman
        Participant

Im sorry , But I do not! This is actually my first time hatching eggs. Read online about what to do , how to do it and everything I would need and just kinda went with it and here I am. Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});