Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket contest – February 2022 Winner!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 30 Favorite

Carla Meeks
      Participant
      Cricket contest – February 2022 Winner!

Snorlax is a bearded dragon. He is from the desert. He has a spiky beard because bearded dragon have those. He lives in My living room in a tank, a wide and tall one. Lol a report by my 8 year old son when we got Snorlax.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like a typical 8-year-olds report. It might be a fun exercise to get him to find Australia on a globe, and show him where beardies come from.

Carla Meeks
        Participant

We did 😊 he autistic so we did fun activities and stuff to help him remember the information. He loves to help give snorlax a bath and to feed him.

Zoodulcis

Oh good for you mom! I have found that science and geography lessons based in the real world are retained better and more thoroughly comprehended by children than dry lessons from a book or even computer.

ABMoore22
      Participant

Since you were right behind me in winning, I’m gonna vote for you and have a few others do so as well. 🙂 Growing Beardies need a lot of protein. Good luck!

ABMoore22
      Participant

There ya go! Got ya 7 more, that’s the max i can do with who i know. lmao. Hope that helps you win though!

Carla Meeks
        Participant

Much appreciated thank you 😊

Participant

Kinda sus how you were at 23 vote just 5 minutes ago… Now 26…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by 432432.

Carla Meeks
        Participant

Because I posted in my beardie group? Love how you call me sus when the chicken got the same amount of votes in less time than me. 🤔

Zoodulcis

Don’t worry Snorlax, everything you did was all above board. We have had many winners over the years who got 30 or more votes. Some months it’s a lot, some months it only 10 or 12. Keeps things interesting.

Carla Meeks
          Participant

I’ve seen the winners wall and vote amounts. Heck I was almost winner last month with like 14 votes. I hate being called something were not. I had my beardie group vote (if they wanted to) and the person I got him from has like 20+ foster kids that are now adults and call them mom and dad vote plus made my husband vote (he didn’t have a choice lol). But I appreciate you saying something too 😊

Participant

THE CHICKEN IS SUS AS WELL! Also sorry for being a bit rude, did not mean for it to come out that way. Hope you win!

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Congratulations, Carla! You are this month’s winner! Now Snorlax can feast like a king when he devours a year supply of free insects! Be on the lookout for an email from us! This will have a custom coupon code that you can use to redeem your free feeders. Thanks for sharing!

ChickenMann123
        Participant

Dang Lucky! GG! Got so close. So does this mean I can post a new post for the cricket contest or do I have to wait a few days?

ABMoore22
          Participant

As long as its the next month, you can post a new one. So go ahead and do it. Ill get you the extra 7 votes i got her, you seem to be an active member of the forum now and those are the kinds of people i ask my family to vote for, and i vote for myself.

ChickenMann123
          Participant

Thanks Man! Thats Great. Thanks! I will post soon

ABMoore22
          Participant

Surprisingly, I’m a female. lmao. No problem, ill keep an eye out for your post and vote when i see it.

Zoodulcis

AB is totally right on. Start now and keep trying every month until you win.

ABMoore22
          Participant

Well, I’ve won twice now, so I must be on to something. lol. Besides knowing great people and being a part of this forum. Oh, I got a new rescue! Tiny Eastern Box Turtle.

Zoodulcis

Oh that’s awesome, I love Eastern box turtles. I had one that I got in Rhode Island when my dad took the whole family on a sabbatical there (history teacher) and we spent the summer in the dorms at the university. I took my little treasure back to San Diego with me and kept it for several years before rehoming him. I named him Rhody, of course, but what the heck, I was only 9!

CritterDepot
          Keymaster

Absolutely! We loved seeing pics of Checkers! We don’t get a lot of submissions for chickens, so we all really enjoyed seeing her and her set up! Excited to see more pics!

ChickenMann123
          Participant

Perhaps I will post one of my most favorite chicken Debbie, super sweet chicken, she would be the only Chicken that would run up to me whenever I would come outside. She would bob and weave, I like to call it the Happy Dance

Zoodulcis

Oh please do!!! I might even post a pic or two of my Silver laced Polish in the snow. Such an awesome bird.

ABMoore22
      Participant

Congrats! Winning helps soooo much, trust me. Lol.

And don’t worry, you did nothing wrong. You can post it anywhere and ask anyone you want to vote. I saw I was a few away from winning at 11pm and asked some of my cousins to vote and that’s how I won. Others can’t be upset if you put the work in. I have seen some on here that look like cheating, you don’t. And you respond to group members, so I think you deserve it.

Zoodulcis

Yep, what she said.

Carla Meeks
        Participant

That’s what I did. No one should get upset, just keep trying. I mean the moment you were announced as the winner I uploaded another pic and began again. You only fail if you give up.

ChickenMann123
      Participant

Now that you have Snorlax, all you need is Pikachu! 😉

Carla Meeks
        Participant

Thanks lol no pikachu but I did acquire a female named RuPaul. She’s a hermaphrodite. So this will help a lot in feeding them both (mainly snorlax)

Carla Meeks
        Participant

Also I’ll send my family and friends your way in the next few days (if I ever get time after work been working late this week). Another bit of advice idk what time zone you are (I’m eastern) but I realized that they’re an hour behind me (central time) so their last day of the month ends an hour after my last day of the month lol.😉

ChickenMann123
          Participant

Thanks!!! Also I am in central time zone. Also at first when I saw the response and it said hermaphrodite, I thought is was a rock or something lol 🙂

Carla Meeks
          Participant

Lol its rare for beardies but it happens.

Viewing 7 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});