Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

Johnathon
      Participant
      Cricket contest

Beans and Rango sun bathing waiting for the cricket frenzy. They love crickets.

Zoodulcis

They do look like they are keeping an eye on you. How many crickets do these two eat every month?

Johnathon
        Participant

Between the 2 now, close to 20 a day. So around 600 or more now. Not including the meal worms. These 2 love to eat and sun bath

Zoodulcis

You do need plenty of crickets! How old are these two?

Johnathon
          Participant

Beans the bigger one  is 6 months old and smaller one Rango is only right at 2 months i was told. I am getting a rescue Leopard gecko today. Will add to the family. 

Zoodulcis

Your family is growing! Where are you acquiring that rescue leo? Just curious since so many people are relinquishing pets that they acquired during lockdown and no longer want. Very sad.

Johnathon
          Participant

We reside in deland,FL.

Zoodulcis

Sorry Johnathon, I meant to inquire as to whether the new pet was being rescued from a private party, a pet store, an animal rescue, etc.

Johnathon
          Participant

Ohh ok. It was a girl on Facebook that was moving and wasn’t able to take the leopard gecko.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like you have been able to help them both out. Moving is the reason most people give for relinquishing reptiles, at least that’s how it seems to be on this forum.

Johnathon
          Participant

I have noticed that, so I stay looking for reptiles to rehome. I would rather raise them before they die or get released in the wild.

Zoodulcis

I’m guessing being released into the wild is a pretty big problem where you live. Pythons, giant monitor lizards and all sorts of introduced species.

Johnathon
          Participant

Yes, they are a nuisance down south Florida.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});