Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

lopipop09
      Participant
      Cricket contest

My lizard diamond chilling in her new tank

Zoodulcis

She looks relaxed. Is she a blue tongued skink?

lopipop09
        Participant

She is a great Sudan plated lizard. But come from same family as blue tounge

Zoodulcis

I didn’t think blue tongue seemed quite right. The colors weren’t quite the same. What made you decide on this species as a pet?

lopipop09
          Participant

Well it started with my grandma at her feed store and no one wanted her cause she was scared of humans due to being mistreated in the past so after awhile my grandma said do you want the lizard and I instantly agreed it took awhile but over time she gained trust and then a few weeks after that I found a Male great Sudan plated lizard and went picked him up and now there super calm love humans they will come up to you to eat out of people hands the one thing I like about these lizards is they are super calm and dont try to bite or attack at all.

Zoodulcis

That’s the best rescue story I’ve heard in a few weeks. Excellent, excellent. I notice you said you acquired a male. May I assume the reason for that is breeding?

lopipop09
          Participant

There are starting to go extinct so they are very rare to find and we got the Male to see if having another mate in the same area diamond would be able to be more calm and as soon as they saw each other it was instant friendship however they got to be a little older to breed they are 1 year 4 months old so there still little lizards for there type of breed cause they will get up to 29 to 35 inches

lopipop09
          Participant

Do you own any exotic lizards or little creatures if so I would like to talk about them.

Zoodulcis

I don’t have any reptiles right now. I am waiting for two elderly cats to pass into that catnip parlor in the sky. Then I am going to get another ball python. I have had knight anoles and hedgehogs. Oh and I have 6 goats. Not terribly exotic, but awesome nevertheless. I have also had every sort of heritage poultry breed you can imagine, mulefoot hogs, tamworth hogs, and all sorts of cattle and horses. Just goats now in the way of farm animals. Little dairy goats and great big pack goats.

35 inches at maturity is some size! That will be a major undertaking, but I sure hope you are successful. There are many species of geckos that were nearly extinct in the wild, but are now quite common in captivity in the pet trade. I think this is a great trend, as long as keepers have purchased their stock from reputable breeders (nothing wild caught) and are keeping them housed and fed properly. Do you have other pets beside these awesome lizards?

lopipop09
          Participant

Other than the lizard I have we have 4 dogs a saint bernard, English mastiff,bullmastiff and a husky and a few fish in my fish tank which is a 11 inch Chinese algae eater and two gimorri fish

lopipop09
          Participant

You must have alot on your hands tho with all the poultry

lopipop09
          Participant

I just got a package of 500 superworms from the critter depot and they are dying do they need a special light or bedding

Zoodulcis

This is not my area of expertise. I am not a part of the marketing and supply end of the business. My suggestion is to keep them cool and be sure they have plenty to eat.

Zoodulcis

The poultry were a long time ago. Only cats and goats right now.

lopipop09
          Participant

Still though goats are alot to take care of by them selfs

Zoodulcis

Yes indeed they are!! Barn cleaning, hoof trimming and daily walking (45 minutes everyday).

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});